Distinction Course Discussion (1 Viewer)

jet

Banned
HSC
LOL. Now i remember. That was a very very weird acronym, and she was speaking way too fast.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
LOL. Now i remember. That was a very very weird acronym, and she was speaking way too fast.
that acronym was all i got out of from that stupid lecture...no offence to that lady.

But you know she was just a filler lecturer because some people couldn't do the lecture that afternoon ...her lecture was hardly important

jet

Banned
HSC
I know. The one we missed out on would have been really really good.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^agreed :)

i guess that explains it.
i blugded year 11 and only got slightly above average in some subjects especially the ones i planned to drop

sigh.. i now wish i tried in year 11 cause this and physics is the kind of stuff i wanted to study in uni
Um...the guy who got 89 and got into cosmology is from your school. (Trinity Grammar)

It would have been pretty difficult for BOS to decide who gets in..

Miss Neutrino

HSC
i guess that explains it.
i blugded year 11 and only got slightly above average in some subjects especially the ones i planned to drop

sigh.. i now wish i tried in year 11 cause this and physics is the kind of stuff i wanted to study in uni
^ Hmm well I only got an 88 in Chem and did pretty crap in all my other subjects and still got in. =S

Bah, I'd have been so devastated if I hadn't gotten into Cosmo... and now that I'm in I really can't be bothered doing any work lol. The stuff is fascinating but I'm just too damn lazy and the workload is enormous. >.<

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^ Hmm well I only got an 88 in Chem and did pretty crap in all my other subjects and still got in. =S

Bah, I'd have been so devastated if I hadn't gotten into Cosmo... and now that I'm in I really can't be bothered doing any work lol. The stuff is fascinating but I'm just too damn lazy and the workload is enormous. >.<
But 88 in chem > 89 in maths anyday haha

I think they don't just look at the mark. They probably look at the percentile you are in with that particular mark...

For example 88 in chem would be like top 15% whereas for 89 in 2 unit maths would be like top 25% or so.

But I agree...I would have been devastated too if I didn't get into Cosmology @.@

But the thing is, at the moment, I just cannot be stuffed lol

Miss Neutrino

HSC
But 88 in chem > 89 in maths anyday haha

I think they don't just look at the mark. They probably look at the percentile you are in with that particular mark...

For example 88 in chem would be like top 15% whereas for 89 in 2 unit maths would be like top 25% or so.

But I agree...I would have been devastated too if I didn't get into Cosmology @.@

But the thing is, at the moment, I just cannot be stuffed lol

Haha yep, that's pretty much it.

Seriously, I've sat at my computer for the past 3 days with the full intent of doing modules 4 - 6 and all I've managed to do is read the first sentence of Reading 4.1.

I think it would've been so much better if we got the whole thing printed for us. The computer is too much of a distraction, but then I can't waste that much paper/ink to print all the stuff out!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Haha yep, that's pretty much it.

Seriously, I've sat at my computer for the past 3 days with the full intent of doing modules 4 - 6 and all I've managed to do is read the first sentence of Reading 4.1.

I think it would've been so much better if we got the whole thing printed for us. The computer is too much of a distraction, but then I can't waste that much paper/ink to print all the stuff out!
why?

The exam is based on first 3 modules lol

about the print-out....I actually got the material from my friend who did cosmology years ago :)

Miss Neutrino

HSC
why?

The exam is based on first 3 modules lol

about the print-out....I actually got the material from my friend who did cosmology years ago :)
Yeah I know, but I mean I have to do them some time. I've already next to killed myself once trying to do module 3 in the space of 3 days, I don't plan on doing that again in the near future. =P

As for the printed material: damn you. :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Yeah I know, but I mean I have to do them some time. I've already next to killed myself once trying to do module 3 in the space of 3 days, I don't plan on doing that again in the near future. =P

As for the printed material: damn you. :p
awwww, just direct that blame on cheap UNE and BOS...Seriously it would cost them like 10 dollars to print all those stuff for each person considering how much papers they print out for HSC..

or at least, we could pay some money to buy them in paper form. My computer sucks and I have to wait like 10 seconds every time I try to skip a page :(
leaving me no choice but to get the damn paper version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)