Distance education. Senior Science. >_< (1 Viewer)

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Is it too late to do that now? I do realise that it's half way through but... I talked with a few people and they said apparently it's so 'easy' and I could still catch up to their workload right now. All I need to do is catch up the assessments and I'm good. I feel slightly suspicious about this.. any ideas? People who does this now, how do you find it? :/

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
You're beautiful, listen to your beautiful heart and the decision you come up, regardless of what it is, is the right decision.

/boredtillIdie

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
You're beautiful, listen to your beautiful heart and the decision you come up, regardless of what it is, is the right decision.

/boredtillIdie
^^ And this answers my dilemma how?

/entertain yourself with flash games.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Is it too late to do that now? I do realise that it's half way through but... I talked with a few people and they said apparently it's so 'easy' and I could still catch up to their workload right now. All I need to do is catch up the assessments and I'm good. I feel slightly suspicious about this.. any ideas? People who does this now, how do you find it? :/
Worth a try tbh. All my friends say it's really easy so if you try now you can get in. (not too sure if catching up on 2 terms worth of work is good tbh)

But apparently also the scaling is not too great so why don't you just go on 11 units?

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Worth a try tbh. All my friends say it's really easy so if you try now you can get in. (not too sure if catching up on 2 terms worth of work is good tbh)

But apparently also the scaling is not too great so why don't you just go on 11 units?
Yea I wasn't too keen about catching up on 2 term's worth of work either, but apparently a lot of it is "common sense"? I don't even know if you're allowed at this stage anyway :/

From what I heard I need to get a band 6 for it to be worth anything anyway. Fml. I don't want to flunk a subject and not have backup. -_-

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Yea I wasn't too keen about catching up on 2 term's worth of work either, but apparently a lot of it is "common sense"? I don't even know if you're allowed at this stage anyway :/

From what I heard I need to get a band 6 for it to be worth anything anyway. Fml. I don't want to flunk a subject and not have backup. -_-
Hmmm best to speak to the teacher of the sub tbh :/

Don't worry, if you really want to drop that science (bio?), at least you'll get more time to study on your other subs. :)

Aysce

HSC
Well think about it from a perspective. Senior science does not equal common sense. I don't do it but come on, science is a subject which requires you to learn new things not just rely on your "common sense" like in CAFS and to a large degree, PDHPE. Although lets look at the pros and cons shall we:

Pros:
- Back up subject incase you flunk.
- Pretty straight forward subject.

Cons:
- Low scaling.
- Need to catch up on 2 terms of work which can cause you to neglect your other subs.
- Pressure exerted upon you.

Now I ask you, is it really worth it to pick it up? I mean you could always focus on your other subjects and do well in them. You have 11 units so you are not completely at risk, although if you flunk one, 1/2 of it will count into your atar depending if it is a 2u subject. But looking at your subjects, I think they will suffice in being able to get you 90+ if you have enough dedication towards them. Is it really worth it to pick up senior science?

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Hmmm best to speak to the teacher of the sub tbh :/

Don't worry, if you really want to drop that science (bio?), at least you'll get more time to study on your other subs. :)
I'll probably end up bludging xD I have no sense of motivation what so ever. >_<

Well think about it from a perspective. Senior science does not equal common sense. I don't do it but come on, science is a subject which requires you to learn new things not just rely on your "common sense" like in CAFS and to a large degree, PDHPE. Although lets look at the pros and cons shall we:

Pros:
- Back up subject incase you flunk.
- Pretty straight forward subject.

Cons:
- Low scaling.
- Need to catch up on 2 terms of work which can cause you to neglect your other subs.
- Pressure exerted upon you.

Now I ask you, is it really worth it to pick it up? I mean you could always focus on your other subjects and do well in them. You have 11 units so you are not completely at risk, although if you flunk one, 1/2 of it will count into your atar depending if it is a 2u subject. But looking at your subjects, I think they will suffice in being able to get you 90+ if you have enough dedication towards them. Is it really worth it to pick up senior science?
What you said about common sense in science, I'm not sure if that's completely true. I mean, I find chemistry pretty logical not sure if that means "common sense" to be exact. But I think that it follows a logical reasoning. However I do realise that this is not the same for everyone...

About the pressure, I don't think that it will be much pressure since I'll be thinking of it as much of the "backup" and won't put all my focus on to it. I'm thinking that this taking up senior science thing as more of a physcological thing. I'm kinda gambling in a sense with my mind. I'm hoping that by taking senior science I would feel reassured that even if I flunk out I would still have a backup (during the exams) and I wouldn't feel as stressed. This also means that I can drop bio without regrets.

On the other hand, it might also mean that I would feel too confident and not stress enough to give me motivation to study. After all, I'm slacking in that department too :lol:

Aysce

HSC
So it sounds like you're leaning more towards the idea of picking it up hmm?

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
So it sounds like you're leaning more towards the idea of picking it up hmm?
Yes I am. Not that it is entirely my decision mind you. There's this annoying rule for distance ed. where you need a supervisor for the course, which I don't think my principal will give me. But meh, I just need to think of something convincing. It looks like you're leaning towards the idea of not picking it up hmm? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)