Dissolution of Marriage (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys i just got an assessment on the dissolution of marriage and its a shocker! Anyone wanna help me with this question????

"Evaluate the effectiveness of the Family Court of Australia and other legal institutions in achieving justice for family members when dissolving marriages"

Help Anyone?

still waiting

HSC
they changed the marriage act (i think) to get rid of the 14 causes of divorce and put into place the no fault cause,
if you have been together less than 2 years you must do compulsory counselling sessions as well as if you have children
and thats about all i can remember right now dont no if it helps but i hope it does

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
"Evaluate the effectiveness of the Family Court of Australia and other legal institutions in achieving justice for family members when dissolving marriages"[/QUOTE]
the Family court and the federal magistrates court deal with family disputes
the matrimonial causes act 1959 removed the 14 fault based grounds for divorce
this is an example of law reform because the matrimonial causes act 1945 was ammended
this is something good 2 put in ur essay-if ur teacher sees law reform she will go wow!
Also alternative family arrangements
talk about how the family court and other legal institutions provide justice
some include atsi, blended families, defacto, same sex, single parent etc
USE PAREE! that is important
protection for the individual
accessibility
resource efficency
enforacbility
equality

Use Cases and legislation
e.g. Evans V. Evans for divorce
Law reform based on the definition of marriage
hyde v. hyde, corbett v corbett and the 2001 kevin case
the family law act 1975 cth and also the family law reform act 1995
theres law reform 4 u again
yeah thats heaps 2 write about
good luck with it

jonnathann

in this type of q...would a person talk about the alternative family arrangements? Bcos im not sure as it says "dissolving marraiges". Should u mention the recognition of the alternative relationships as well and the dissoltuion of them?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
yeh thats what I thought like defacto relationships (which includes homosexual relationships) and how it is more difficult for them to dissolve defacto marriage as they are only covered by state legilation not federal due to division of powers

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
We'll after youv done some of it, post it up and we'll tell ya if ur on the right track ;)
Good luck

HSC
I was only going to do traditional family dissolutions (eg. nuclear, extended families) as i thought that this was the most common form of marriage dissolution. Although de facto families may be entitled to go to the Family Court following a seperation to discuss assets and the custody of their children, i think the question was pretty much specific to nuclear and extended family crisis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)