Disrespect for teachers (2 Viewers)

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL. A good teacher commands respect from their students - fact

You can't be a good teacher if you can't get your students to be 'taught' and learn concepts
More accurately a good teacher earns respect as opposed to demanding it, if the students respect their teacher because they genuinely like them rather than out of fear, class will be much more productive.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
So many fuckin retarded kids in this thread.

Sure there might be the odd few fuckwit teachers, but the amount of fuckwit students outnumber them 10:1 (both absolutely and relatively).

Your teacher can't teach? Have a cry and teach it yourself. You're paying what, 400-500 a year for school? Well uni is 500+ PER SUBJECT and if your lecturer/tutor is shit, TOUGH LUCK.

As if expect them to treat you as adults when all you do is whinge about them

hscishard

HSC
So many fuckin retarded kids in this thread.

Sure there might be the odd few fuckwit teachers, but the amount of fuckwit students outnumber them 10:1 (both absolutely and relatively).

Your teacher can't teach? Have a cry and teach it yourself. You're paying what, 400-500 a year for school? Well uni is 500+ PER SUBJECT and if your lecturer/tutor is shit, TOUGH LUCK.

As if expect them to treat you as adults when all you do is whinge about them
Is uni that cheap?
I pay 10 times more than that.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
400 a year for school? that's like 4 weeks of a term..

darkchild69

Nanotechnologist
HSC
Depending on the course, full fee paying students $2000+ per subject. I paid $2498 per subject in my MBA iirc.

Commonwealth Supported Place students $500-700 per subject

HSC
To be entirely honest, I don't understand why a teacher would complain about students being disrespectful on a forum full of students, and not expect them to be disrespectful.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I pay about...

$50 a year in my senior years. Not including excursions or what my school calls "book packs".

I also have no bad teachers (teaching me, that is) and our resources are pretty decent.

Public school rools.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
To be entirely honest, I don't understand why a teacher would complain about students being disrespectful on a forum full of students, and not expect them to be disrespectful.
The teacher is clearly a troll...IRL

mecramarathon

HSC
well my aunty's a retired teacher and she feels really good that her students like her (and beg to change classes into hers) cause she actually bothers to be engaging and knowledgeable and she feels for students hating their teachers who can't teach jack sh*t by handing out worksheets and not bothering to stay after and before school hours.

She reckons the BOS examiners are lowering their standards each year with the Qs being more stupid. My english teacher is a tool btw.

HSC
Uni Grad
All of you students are so rude and insolent! Grow up; you are all seniors! Didn't your parents teach you any manners? This is why I'm not sending my daughters to a public school. They will only become barbaric girls like the ones in my Chemsitry class. All teaches can teach. They all got the same training at University so it can never be the teacher's fault. It's always the lazy insolent student's fault.If I had all of your home phone numbers then I would ring up all your parents right now and complain to them on how spoilt children you all are. if only they let me use the cane like in Fiji! Then I would set all of you straight. Teachers are more significant to you than your parents. They deserve much more respect! Your arguments are all flawed! All teachers are very nice and hardworking and would do anything for their student's success. But how do student's repay them? They fail their exams! They write other names on their exam papers! They bully their teachers. That's what happened to me. I even spoonfeed my students when they don't understand. I work very hard for my students and all they've ever shown me is disrespect. In my opinion you all just have bad parents who don't know how to look raise children. this is why I get angry and and sorry for my Chemistry class at the same time! If only I was their mother. They would be such better people.

Oh yes and all of you have very poor spelling, punctuation and grammar compared to me. Are you all ESL?
It's not being rude, it's just simply stating our own opinion :p

As if all teachers can teach. Despite teachers having been trained through university, it has no indication as to whether they would be able to actually teach their subject to the students. And no, it's not always the students fault. If a student simply has no motivation to learn due to the teacher not implementing interesting things to motivate the class, therefore the class becomes incompetent and loses respect. Though I must state that at times, students can get troublesome, but this trend tends to wear off after year 10.

Oh yeah, go ahead and ring up our parents. Looks like you're going to spend a LONG LONG time attempting to find all of our phone numbers through the yellow pages...
Probably to the extent of you losing all of your time to build up your own experience in teaching. And hah, my phone no. isn't even listed in the directory xD

If teachers were more significant to us than parents, then why do us people respect our parents more?

If that's what happened to you, I think you need to build up your techniques into gaining the respect of the students. With an attitude of yours, I can clearly see that you do not understand what students are like today. They need something to motivate themselves, and can be rather impatient if the teacher creates boredom. School wasn't like the days before, get with the times.

I have to tell you that my parents have raised me very well, and not to the fact by just leaving me alone and making me to potentially become a criminal.

It seems to me that your arguments are flawed just as much as you say so. It seems hypocritical that you tell all of us that we have poor spelling, grammar and punctuation, yet you yourself have done the same. And yes, at times I have made spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes so I acknowledge this myself.

Something for the lulz. I'm going to screen shot this and keep this for future memories =D

HSC
Uni Grad
well my aunty's a retired teacher and she feels really good that her students like her (and beg to change classes into hers) cause she actually bothers to be engaging and knowledgeable and she feels for students hating their teachers who can't teach jack sh*t by handing out worksheets and not bothering to stay after and before school hours.

She reckons the BOS examiners are lowering their standards each year with the Qs being more stupid. My english teacher is a tool btw.
I think it's a problem with teachers now these days. Those who enter teaching today seem to look at the commercial aspect of it (the money, holidays and strikes to obtain MORE money) rather than the job itself.

If you're going to become a teacher, do not look so much at the commercial aspect of it, because you're only going to make the system worse (than what it's like already with new teachers).

CecilyMare

HSC
I think it's a problem with teachers now these days. Those who enter teaching today seem to look at the commercial aspect of it (the money, holidays and strikes to obtain MORE money) rather than the job itself.

If you're going to become a teacher, do not look so much at the commercial aspect of it, because you're only going to make the system worse (than what it's like already with new teachers).
Omg trust me people do not go into teaching for the money. It pays shit. Our teachers often complain they don't get paid enough, ha ha

HSC
Uni Grad
Omg trust me people do not go into teaching for the money. It pays shit. Our teachers often complain they don't get paid enough, ha ha
Well it's not that shit; 50K starting wages. And in this country it pays up to 80K. But there are better opportunities than teaching if you're a person who thinks very commercially.

Plus it also takes dedication to become a good teacher. Lots of hard work and effort needs to be spent to mark things, explaining stuff that people want for you to clarify, improving the teaching technique and so on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)