Discovery creative writing ideas (1 Viewer)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Has anybody else started planning their creative writings? What ideas have you thought of?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I don't think anyone's going to post their CW ideas because then everyone has an opportunity to steal it?

But I'm wondering what kind of 'discoveries' people are going to write about. Like, are most people going to go for the obvious physical discovery or something different - or a mix of a lot of different type of discoveries?
There's another thread like this but it's just about Belonging so I thought of creating this one for Discovery.

I'm trying to not go for the simple physical discovery, although we've all heard the "Keep It Simple Stupid" phrase, I want to think more complex.

I just want to ask, is it preferred to go for a positive discovery (as in a discovery that's useful) or a negative discovery (something that is actually bad for the discoverer)?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I think my belonging creatives (well two of the ones I wrote, more closely related to discovery)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I think my belonging creatives (well two of the ones I wrote, more closely related to discovery)
Can I have a look at them? The one that got the highest mark?

Fiction

HSC
I haven't thought of one yet, but I think people are delving into self-discovery rather than physical discoveries, like something reflective and deeper with a spiritual meaning... they'll definitely be focusing on the notions which usually are personal reflections ie. renewed perspective, provocative/challenging discovery, how it was deliberate or planned, how different values and contexts interpret discoveries differently (duh ahah)...

But yeah those are just my thoughts :3 and dw this page will definitely become more filled throughout next year :kiss:
Fairly sure these concepts are mentioned in the rubric. To OP, go to the rubric for the range of concepts other 2015'ers will embed into their creatives. Like whoever has mentioned earlier, I doubt anyone will post up their creative ideas tho. I guess you could always ask close friends if they're the type who're willing to diverge. (as in creative idea and not written piece)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Fairly sure these concepts are mentioned in the rubric. To OP, go to the rubric for the range of concepts other 2015'ers will embed into their creatives. Like whoever has mentioned earlier, I doubt anyone will post up their creative ideas tho. I guess you could always ask close friends if they're the type who're willing to diverge. (as in creative idea and not written piece)
My friends wouldn't wanna give up a single mark, let alone an idea for creative writing.

Fiction

HSC
My friends wouldn't wanna give up a single mark, let alone an idea for creative writing.
I doubt anyone would go into a detailed synopsis about their creative :) But maybe they are willing to give you the basic idea of their works? We were told (in my school) that the cohort only competes in terms of assessments and stuff, before assessments as long as you're not actually handing out your fully written drafts, it's advisable to help each other.

My point about the rubric still stands. It should encompass the range of concepts used in every creative by students who are doing the AOS discovery.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I think discovery is the eaaasiest idea for a creative writing story. Basically all creative writings usually have some sort of discovery. You can basically just think of any idea - and I bet it would have discovery in it, if not I think it would be pretty easy to incorporate.
Yes there are so many ideas but I just don't it to be the same old discovery where he someone discovers his father's past, treasure, hidden key, etc. I want a concept of Discovery that's more than that.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes there are so many ideas but I just don't it to be the same old discovery where he someone discovers his father's past, treasure, hidden key, etc. I want a concept of Discovery that's more than that.

Your individual could struggle with two conflicting viewpoints, and then 'discovers' something which changes/challenges his preconceptions, and leads him to make a particular decision.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
And don't worry too much about cliche, its almost impossible not to be in some way or another...

dylanbutcher

HSC
Has anybody else started planning their creative writings? What ideas have you thought of?
We got given our CWP assessment notification today; we have you write 3 pieces addressing the following:
● 1 piece must reflect ‘discovering something for the first time’.
● 1 piece must reflect ‘rediscovering something that has been lost, forgotten or concealed’.
● 1 piece must reflect the concept as ‘emerging from a process of deliberate and careful planning’.

Gonna be fun!

Kat92

HSC
I feel that this is very broad/abstract and open for interpretation.

Below are some ideas that I quickly came up with:

* Self discovery i.e. grows in strength comes to some form of realisation.
* Item discovery i.e. gold, lost heirloom, etc.
* Medical/ Scientific
* Cultural/ historical
* Emotional
* Creative
* Intellectual
* Physical
* Spiritual

buckskinbrumby

social misanthrope
HSC
Does anyone have any idea of how to come up with a story (preferably within a day as I've been putting this off and have done other assessments :cool:) about discovery that isn't cliche and overdone? Some of my friends have come up with really awesome ones but don't want to "copy" their theme so am kinda stuck =l

davids795

HSC
hey man, im thinking of doing the whole, Grandfather passes away, and the character discovers that only once this member has passed is when they are truly appreciated. And have some like hidden message the grandfatther was trying to tell him before he died, like "I will always love you, and look over you', sort of deal.
Could you reply back how i should go about this, im not 100% sure how i should angle at the creation of this story, e.g. how it should start and the whole order of events thing should go, if you have any suggestions it would be very helpful.

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Does anyone have any idea of how to come up with a story (preferably within a day as I've been putting this off and have done other assessments :cool:) about discovery that isn't cliche and overdone? Some of my friends have come up with really awesome ones but don't want to "copy" their theme so am kinda stuck =l
The best discovery creatives are those that are based on your personal experiences. After all, I'm sure you've discovered some interesting in your life. That's how you'll make your discovery creative unique-- it'll be based on you! :) Reflect on your own discoveries and try to relate it to the discovery syllabus... I'm sure you'll come-up with something awesome and unique!

If you need help, feel free to message me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)