Difference between degrees (1 Viewer)

Hanakiri

HSC
Hi everyone,

Phew, hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question @.@ But what is the difference between...

Law/Arts
Arts/Law
Criminology/Law
Law/Criminology

What I mean is, if all four of these double/joint degrees successfully enable one to practice Law, how is it any different from each other in the long run? I ask because the ATARs/Enters differ greatly between these degrees.

Thanks to anyone who can clear this up for me. ^^;

danal353

HSC
you are doing 2 separate degrees, therefore whatever you decide to combine with law shouldn't matter

edit: atar differences are purely based on demand for the courses

Hanakiri

HSC
That's a pretty dumb question. There is no difference between doing a Combined Arts/Law degree and doing a Combined Arts/Law degree.
I just assumed there could be a difference because they're both listed, but with different ATARs/Enters. Such as more emphesis on the one over the other @.@;

Anyway, thanks for the answers.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Maybe the 'different' ATAR cutoffs regarding Law/Arts and Arts/Law is due to the different Unis. Essentially, they're the same degree. the University of X may have the degree of Law/Arts, whereas University of Y may put the degree as Arts/Law. Let's just say University of X is preferred, it will have an ATAR cut off as 97, whereas University of Y will have a cutoff as 95.

Hence Law/Arts @ X is 97
And Arts/Law @ Y is 95

That's where you may have been confused about the different cut offs between Law/Arts and Arts/Law. But essentially, there is no difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)