Difference between B commerce and B business course (1 Viewer)

HSC
yes it is pretty f'n stupid. do a simple search rather than expecting peopke to baby feed you an answer.

leoyh

mic`
HSC
B.Comm is just what its called at most universities whilst some others call it B.Business (like UTS) - i dont think theres too mcuh difference in content

lind27

HSC
Thank you leoyh and wendus for your help, at least some people are nice unlike ifsonotso_100 who seems to be a bit of a prick.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
The same, however IMO (ill get flamed here) B Comm sounds more 'professional' not that employers give a shit. B Business at UTS is one of the most highly regarded undergrad business courses in the state.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Cookie182 said:
The same, however IMO (ill get flamed here) B Comm sounds more 'professional' not that employers give a shit. B Business at UTS is one of the most highly regarded undergrad business courses in the state.

lol :hammer:

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
uhawww said:
Well lets see...only really UNSW/USYD/ANU would stand out above, particularly UNSW's commerce. MAC maybe on par but then what after that? I go to UOW myself, so don't think im some huge UTS advocate but it isn't a false statement.

Of course, rep in commerce has a very minor importance- its marks/work experience/contacts that count :p

dram

i do things
HSC
i agree cookie, prestige when talking about an undergrad business/commerce degree is really a non issue. once you get to postgrad it becomes more of an issue but for the average pimply 19 year old...companies couldn't care less about whether you went to UNSW/USYD/UTS/Mac.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
rep of degree name is not important
but rep of uni is. and unis with good reps tend to do bcomm
see teh vicious cycle?

Affinity

HSC
At Oxford almost everyone gets a B.arts. (including science, law and other students.)

And it's more or less similar at most of the "prestigious" universities

The more vocational a degree name sounds, the worse it is..
I feel that commerce already sounds pretty bad.. business worse.. at UTS there's even something like Bachelor of accounting... just sounds wrong(I know it's a coop scholarship course). sounds like your sole purpose after graduation is to do accounting.

Last edited:

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Affinity said:
At Oxford almost everyone gets a B.arts. (including science, law and other students.)

I feel that commerce already sounds pretty bad.. business worse.. at UTS there's even something like Bachelor of accounting... just sounds wrong(I know it's a coop scholarship course). sounds like your sole purpose after graduation is to do accounting.
I imagine it would be.

shells15

HSC
N/A
Well, I'm not presently in Australia, but here the commerce course is considered more prestigious because it contains more academic subjects and focuses heavily on economics and maths, unlike business, which tends to focus on vocational subjects.

shells15

HSC
N/A
Affinity said:

lol. A couple of my friends who studied commerce applied to Cambridge/LSE for a postgraduate course and for jobs abroad. In their CVs and applications they specifically mentioned their subjects to ensure that the course was not mistaken to be the same as business studies (which, like I said, is considered less prestigious where I live).

Last edited:

GolfPunk

HSC
Lol, wiki has the answers.

However I will not committ the cardinal sin by referencing it in this forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)