Did your school certificate test results and report marks differ much? (1 Viewer)

bored of sc

HSC
Did your school certificate test results and report marks differ much?

Alot of people would argue that the school certificate tests are easy to score high and people always score higher in them compared to the report mark.

But did that happen for you guys?? Which mark was higher and in what subject(s)?

Last edited:

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Lol geography. My worst subject in both years 9 and 10. I 'FAIL' the half yearly exam by a fair bit and I get 88 in the School Cert for it lol. But yeah geography was probably the only one that differed =]. I failed in the half yearlies due to a lack of study and counterstrike :).

Aplus

HSC
N/A
School Certificate is way easier.

trc4eva

HSC
my average at skool was 65% (thats under my grade average)
and i got 95 in the sc.....

then again...sc dusnt really test things that we are taught at school

bored of sc

HSC
My school certificate marks were on the whole better than report marks.

Subject difference percentage between school certificate and school report marks (marks written in brackets)

English 15% (SC - 94, SR - 79)
Maths 5% (SC - 93, SR - 98)
Science 4% (SC - 91, SR - 87)
History 2% (SC - 92, SR - 90)
Geography 14% (SC - 98, SR - 84)

so, in the school report maths was higher but in the rest school certificate was higher, I think the school report revealed my naturally better ones while the school certificate revealed the ones I studied for the most (they were the higher marks)

and oh! they must have done a hell of 'scaling' up cause I thought I was gonna straight band 5's it

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)