Did I fudge up my English extended response? (1 Viewer)

Villa94

HSC
My friend used the pen picture and wrote about being in an exam. I didnt do that as i've read thats really bad. Why shouldnt you write about being in an exam and can you still get good amrks if you do?

Fake-Name

HSC
Thanks for the replies!
I am pretty confident I did not mess up my test, I'm really trying to get a band 6 in this and History.

Just wondering, where did this thread get moved to?

coco la

HSC
My friend used the pen picture and wrote about being in an exam. I didnt do that as i've read thats really bad. Why shouldnt you write about being in an exam and can you still get good amrks if you do?
well generally if u r just writing about an exam and not portrying it to be something eles will how much can u write. like i must confess i used the pen and paper, and started my story like the students were prisoners all ready to be chrged, all experiencing the feelings of the world coming to an end, all in uniform, bound to conformity, known by numbers u know like shawshank redemption. then in the conclusion the examiner says start and the student is lost for words and hopes that her parents wont kill her.

cocotinker

HSC
Lol

I wrote about time. Every person has a clock when we are born a clock is made when we die this clock is destroyed.

Everyone had one except this guy who was the keeper of the clocks cool right i know lol.

Any way used lots of time cleche like moments passed like sand throughan hour glass ect.. in the end it ended up to be ironic so i hope the marker appreciates my sense of humor
lol

cocotinker

HSC
I think alot of people do this and markers get sick of reading about the test theyre marking

Theres only so many ways you can make the sc interesting.

Mythril

HSC
Oh my gosh, it seems like everyone did so well in their english extended response. Now thinking over mine, I'm not sure if it I followed the requirements that they needed. I just sorta saw the word 'picture' and 'short story' and then jumped straight into writing it. Anyways, I chose the picture with the key but then I didn't base my story around the key. My story was basically about me holding a key outside my apartment building and pondering whether I should go in or not since I had heard a heart-wrenching scream coming from inside. But basically my story did not revolve around the key and it was only present in my story in the beginning and overall I made my story into a murder story. Do you think that's fine though?

laila09

HSC
You certainly have NOT stuffed up your extended response. As long as the story was engaging, imaginative and used a great variety of techniques you will be fine. The markers are well aware that you only have 40 mins to construct a response. They are not expecting a story with the great depth of a 600 page novel. The story can be simple. As long as it is imaginative. It does not have to have great detail and many events as if this is what has occured, the story is to quick and is NOT engaging. I think you shall be fine and don't stress because you most certainly have not "fudged" your response.

laila09

HSC
Oh my gosh, it seems like everyone did so well in their english extended response. Now thinking over mine, I'm not sure if it I followed the requirements that they needed. I just sorta saw the word 'picture' and 'short story' and then jumped straight into writing it. Anyways, I chose the picture with the key but then I didn't base my story around the key. My story was basically about me holding a key outside my apartment building and pondering whether I should go in or not since I had heard a heart-wrenching scream coming from inside. But basically my story did not revolve around the key and it was only present in my story in the beginning and overall I made my story into a murder story. Do you think that's fine though?

Do not worry. I think it is fine. Your story does not have to revolve around the key! The stimulus acts as a springboard for your response, you do not have to directly talk about the key and can use it metaphorically. For eg. you could tell the story of someone trapped within themself. This may refer to a key needed to unlock this pain and anguish but didnt directly talk about they key. They key does not have to be specifically referenced and basically you could have wrote any story that in some shape or form would reference the stimulus.
I think your response sounds interesting and engaging and you will get good marks and be successful with your result.

Mythril

HSC
Thanks laila09!!! *huggles* I feel so much more relieved after hearing you say that~

Amogh

HSC
N/A
you want random?

its funeral
all cliche
a cat pops up from the coffin
it had been eating the deceased

lol adapted from this thing i read long time ago

Readaholic

HSC
Uni Grad
Aggh! Everybody else is so smart. My story was rubbish- definitely not one of my best. I wrote about this girl who is self-absorbed and is having a great time so makes a wish that time would stop and then this voice is all time is sacred and we have to appreciate it and wishes can't be made lightly and then it goes to the last day of holidays and the girl's friend says that she doesn't want holidays to end an the girl says 'trust me, we definitely don't want that to happen!'

manutd12

HSC
Trust me thats nothing compared to my two friends, for the short English story she chose the dice, and wrote about poker .. later on she realised that Poker doesn't have dice, and then my other friend,

in the history question were you wrote about the freedom rides and stuff, got Charles Perkins mixed up with Patrick Swayze .. so she said Patrick Swayze was an Aborginal activist who conducted the freedom rides. LMAO .

CecilyMare

HSC
No you didn't fudge it up. If you fudged it up, I diarrhea'd it up. I wrote about waiting for a bus. That's all that happened.

itszen

HSC
dont worry. Your not the only one. Dude i wrote 7 pages of BULLSHIT. My story will make the marker fall asleep and considering how long it is. My story wasnt interesting and no ' shocking events'and a 5-year old can write better then what i wrote. ==' Nothing came into mind when i saw the pictures. I dunno my mind didnt really 'click' for the first time in a creative writing. I dont know what happened in sc , my brain didnt work. =='

Amogh

HSC
N/A
No you didn't fudge it up. If you fudged it up, I diarrhea'd it up. I wrote about waiting for a bus. That's all that happened.
lol
seriously thuogh? no complication? o_O
why on earth did you do that =S
dw though
its okay if you made it sound all pro
lmao the marker might think of this as an intentional attempt to deviate from 'conventions'

HSC
Uni Grad
haha i wrote about what I was doing in the english exam.. reading the environmental article and saying how exaggerated it was, as well as going on with the pen... and that the pen got pwned so i had to change to another pen xD

I guess i screwed mine up anyway...

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Trust me thats nothing compared to my two friends, for the short English story she chose the dice, and wrote about poker .. later on she realised that Poker doesn't have dice, and then my other friend,

in the history question were you wrote about the freedom rides and stuff, got Charles Perkins mixed up with Patrick Swayze .. so she said Patrick Swayze was an Aborginal activist who conducted the freedom rides. LMAO .
LOL @ THAT!

I'm pretty sure my story is more stupid.

I kept mixing up with 1st and 3rd person.

CecilyMare

HSC
lol
seriously thuogh? no complication? o_O
why on earth did you do that =S
dw though
its okay if you made it sound all pro
lmao the marker might think of this as an intentional attempt to deviate from 'conventions'
Well okay I picked the watch picture and interpreted it as a terribly slow time period thingy, you know how when time is going past really slowly and you're looking @ your watch time to time and that..

And then I also wrote about how the clouds were moving so slow, it would be a safe collision if they ever collided into each other.

Oh yeah and then the mother also came in, and they exchanged some silent dialogue (a made up term by me where there's dialogue but it's not in "________"'s, but like '... I told her that blah blah blah') and then we ended up catching a taxi because there weren't any buses coming after 6pm.
asdfdh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)