Desperate need of a belonging text for half yearlies in a few days... (1 Viewer)

GossipGirl-

HSC
Hi I would love it if someone could recommend me a related text that I can use in relation to Peter Skrzynecki's poem. would love it to be something short... and one that maybe has info online? hahaha like a feature article or short story? Not a massive novel or movie

Yeah absolutely desperate. Thanks, really really appreciate your help greatly

Sadiah

HSC
Hi I would love it if someone could recommend me a related text that I can use in relation to Peter Skrzynecki's poem. would love it to be something short... and one that maybe has info online? hahaha like a feature article or short story? Not a massive novel or movie

'The Arrival' by Shaun Tan. <- It's a picture book, but you don't have to relate the entire picture book to your text/poetry. Just relate a specific picture from that book to a specific poem. i.e.

If you're doing the poem 'Migrant Hostel', you can link the picture 'Harbour' to it.

If you're doing the poem "St. Patrick's College', then you can link the picture 'Market' to it.

Just google it, and you will find the pix there.

Good luck; )

ilikebeeef

HSC

This is purely out of my curiosity (so no offence intended). What have you been doing for English the past half-year?

Btw, wrong section of forum.

HSC
Uni Grad
This is purely out of my curiosity (so no offence intended). What have you been doing for English the past half-year?

Btw, wrong section of forum.
Did you actually do anything related :)D) to your related texts before the 1/2 yearlies?

AmieLea

HSC
it totally depends on wat you what to say about belonging, ie whether it depends on culture, parents, religion... but they're really common. i'm talking about how in order to belong, an individual must give up part of their identity or anothe rpart of their life in order to do this. i'm working with mean girls (i know, common belonging text), "the kiss" by klimt, and either the picture book: "the lost thing" or harry potter, or twilight series.

for cultural belonging, i found a good poem, "my dark eyed daughter" but the only problem is of course... it's a poem :( but you could still use it if you're running low on ideas...

GossipGirl-

HSC
Thanks guys
sorry i couldn't thank you earlier for your replies
And the picture book was a very good idea :)
I'm a visual/creative person so it was perfect

thanks alot :)

ps - haha yeah, haven't been doing much for half a year :p
im a procrastinator at heart so everything i do is always the night before, or if im lucky, just squeezing past 3 days

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)