• A Little Too Late

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Last Night On Earth

Votes: 9 10.3%

• Total voters

agent_angel

HSC
The_highwayman said:
the thing i like about delta is that, even when she is singing live, she always has a wonderful voice. As opposed to those bands/artists who sound fantastic on the CD and sound like utter crap live.
if u are refering specifically to the commonwealth games then this may have something to do with the fact that delta (as well as other artists) didnt actually sing/play their instrument. yes she did mime and yes i do know this for sure as my brother was a sound technician for the games. and if u think delta has a wonderful voice i suggest u have a listen to the works of whitney houston, billie holiday and other such artists. if ur impressed by delta u will be stunned by these girls.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
yeah well, did they get diagnosed with cancer at age 18, that caused tumours around their throats, potentially destroying their careers and lives? delta denied lip sync-ing though...:S:S. all i know is that she sung to a backup. i mean, that place is huge, and there was smoke all around her. people had oxygen tanks for her ready incase she collapsed. you cant expect her to sing that all by herself.

agent_angel

HSC
Shell said:
yeah well, did they get diagnosed with cancer at age 18, that caused tumours around their throats, potentially destroying their careers and lives? delta denied lip sync-ing though...:S:S. all i know is that she sung to a backup. i mean, that place is huge, and there was smoke all around her. people had oxygen tanks for her ready incase she collapsed. you cant expect her to sing that all by herself.
whoa ok ok i wasnt knocking the girl. i was just explaining to highway man how she managed to sound so good thats all. as i said other artists did the same. oh and as for the cancer thing, i am glad she got through all that she did to get back to where she is. no1 deserves to suffer. but the sympathy card doesnt work on me. i know plenty of other everday ppl who have gone through similar circumstances to get on with their lives and jobs. i dont think that just because delta goodrem is a 'celebrity' that she deserves special treatment or to be considered as extra fantastic just coz she had Hodgkin's neoplasia (which actually, from a medical science point of view, is one of the safest cancers to get due to its ease to treat). i wish her well for the future but i think everyone can move on from the cancer paitent story now. if she is singing as well as you are saying she is then the radiotheraphy obviously had a very limited (if any) effect on her vocal chords.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
agent_angel said:
whoa ok ok i wasnt knocking the girl. i was just explaining to highway man how she managed to sound so good thats all. as i said other artists did the same. oh and as for the cancer thing, i am glad she got through all that she did to get back to where she is. no1 deserves to suffer. but the sympathy card doesnt work on me. i know plenty of other everday ppl who have gone through similar circumstances to get on with their lives and jobs. i dont think that just because delta goodrem is a 'celebrity' that she deserves special treatment or to be considered as extra fantastic just coz she had Hodgkin's neoplasia (which actually, from a medical science point of view, is one of the safest cancers to get due to its ease to treat). i wish her well for the future but i think everyone can move on from the cancer paitent story now. if she is singing as well as you are saying she is then the radiotheraphy obviously had a very limited (if any) effect on her vocal chords.
Delta is the best.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
agent_angel said:
if u are refering specifically to the commonwealth games then this may have something to do with the fact that delta (as well as other artists) didnt actually sing/play their instrument. yes she did mime and yes i do know this for sure as my brother was a sound technician for the games. and if u think delta has a wonderful voice i suggest u have a listen to the works of whitney houston, billie holiday and other such artists. if ur impressed by delta u will be stunned by these girls.
i dont just mean at the commonwealth games. i mean generally, like at concerts and whatnot. I recognise that miming etc does happen, but havent u ever noticed that some bands just sound terrible when they sing live relavtive to their cd's? I have never heard delta sing badly, ever. I also never said she was the only talented singer also. I realise there are many other equally (if not better..Dont kill me shell) singers out there. However, i always manage to feel warm/inspired after listening to her songs. she also has a very nice image, not just cosmetic, but personality wise. She seems like a regular aussie girl to me. But that's just my opinion. :)

gottabeme

HSC
The best thing delta did was overcome cancer. That's the only thing I remember about her. Poor delta. Other than cancer, I can't say she's achieved that much.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
lol as if anyone here, or delta, cares what you think

HSC
gottabeme said:
The best thing delta did was overcome cancer. That's the only thing I remember about her. Poor delta. Other than cancer, I can't say she's achieved that much.
yeah..holding many records in australian music isnt an achievement is it? pfft...
believe again tour begins in 5 days :D

chamelia

HSC
Delta Goodrem is still alive? When will this bitch ho die? OR at least move overseas to England where the general stand of pop music is even lower and she will be accepted and never ever ever come back.

johony

HSC
chamelia said:
Delta Goodrem is still alive? When will this bitch ho die? OR at least move overseas to England where the general stand of pop music is even lower and she will be accepted and never ever ever come back.
really? i always thought the standard of pop music in britain is (slightly) higher than ours.

delta goodrem = poor man's celine dion (and even she isn't that good)

i would love it if she locked herself in a recording studio for 3 months, got addicted to cocaine and listened to experimental records all day. then and only then, is she able to create decent music.

HSC
chamelia said:
god you truly are disgusting! its people like you in this world that make it such a horrible place!

HSC
johony said:
really? i always thought the standard of pop music in britain is (slightly) higher than ours.

delta goodrem = poor man's celine dion (and even she isn't that good)

i would love it if she locked herself in a recording studio for 3 months, got addicted to cocaine and listened to experimental records all day. then and only then, is she able to create decent music.
get stuffed! it'd just be better if you got addicted to cocaine, you probably already are anyway!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Very impressive singer.

<3

Oh wait, <3 was meant for pink

HSC
^Then why post?

i love brave face&possessionless, but most of her newer stuff sounds way different from the first album.

HSC
yeah i agree her new stuff is alot different but its still amazing.
on the new album i cant break it to my heart is my favourite :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
$hiftyIceQueen said:
^Then why post?

i love brave face&possessionless, but most of her newer stuff sounds way different from the first album.
what do you mean, I still like Delta, but not as much as I do for someone like Pink.

Maybe what I said was little bit irrelevant. Sorry if that's the case.

HSC
i dont mind pink too much. i actually am one of the only people that didnt think funhouse was that great of an album though...i prefer im not dead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)