Deferring Uni (1 Viewer)

elisabeth

HSC
I want to have a gap year, so there's one year between HS and uni. But then I need to be classified as independant, so I can get youth allowance... the most practical way seems to be earning $17,000, so I guess I'll need another year for that. But apparently you can't defer for two years, so am I just meant to not apply until the year before I want to go and hope I get in?

0Jade0

HSC
I think some courses allow you to defer for two years... of course my careers advisor might be lying to me.

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
0Jade0 said:
I think some courses allow you to defer for two years... of course my careers advisor might be lying to me.
Its possible. However its not an administrative thing where you get a 2 year deferal.

You would have to talk to the course coordinator and get their approval and also get the approval of the dean (you would need a bloody good reason as well).

Danoz The Great

HSC
I'm going to defer, I'll work full/part time up until June, then I might go travelling.

I think everybody should do it. If you're worried you'll slack off, then you obviously aren't picking the course for you. If you really love what you're learning, you won't slack off. Makes sense doesn't it?

HSC
Trust me...If your going to take a year off then I recommend working for the year. It will earn you some $$ you can never have enough use for in Uni...and if you work in retail...By the end of one year you will have had enough of stupid customers you will be begging to go back to studying.

ChrisE

HSC
einsteinthe2nd said:
Trust me...If your going to take a year off then I recommend working for the year. It will earn you some $$ you can never have enough use for in Uni...and if you work in retail...By the end of one year you will have had enough of stupid customers you will be begging to go back to studying.
yep, thats the boat im in. customers suck and study rules , bring on semester one 2006 i say. the intelligent people may go straight to uni from school but the truly smart people take the year off to experience life outside a text book. you are ultimately better for it.

OutOfOrder

HSC
Im not sure i even want to go to uni. Im taking the year off to decide what i want to do with life and travel a bit. And if i go to uni, im still deciding what course i want to do (none really, not interested in hardly any of them)
I just cant stand the thought of studying anymore

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)