Defer SA HELP? (1 Viewer)

Verify

HSC
I accidentally clicked accept to the offer for SA HELP during my enrolment. I am still undecided. Am I allowed to defer it for now if I call them up?

D94

HSC
N/A
You might have misunderstood what SA HELP is. Your high school probably had a student contribution fee, so the "Student Amenities (SA) Fee" it's kind of like that.

SA HELP is the same concept as HECS HELP. You can defer your SA payment by choosing to accept SA HELP. That means you don't need to pay the SA fee every semester upfront.

Accept SA HELP = defer SA fee.

Verify

HSC
You might have misunderstood what SA HELP is. Your high school probably had a student contribution fee, so the "Student Amenities (SA) Fee" it's kind of like that.

SA HELP is the same concept as HECS HELP. You can defer your SA payment by choosing to accept SA HELP. That means you don't need to pay the SA fee every semester upfront.

Accept SA HELP = defer SA fee.
Thanks for the information. Then wouldn't that mean that everyone would accept the SA HELP? Why would someone decline it?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Thanks for the information. Then wouldn't that mean that everyone would accept the SA HELP? Why would someone decline it?
Some students would prefer to take the burden off now than pay later while working. It is kinda like the reason behind paying for a semester of courses up front instead of deferring to HECS.

photastic

HSC
Some students would prefer to take the burden off now than pay later while working. It is kinda like the reason behind paying for a semester of courses up front instead of deferring to HECS.
I applied HECS, can I choose whether I want pay up front and when I can't

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I applied HECS, can I choose whether I want pay up front and when I can't
Iirc for each semester you can choose whether or not you want to pay upfront. However if you go with HECS for first semester and of course are successful in HECS application, then automatically every semester after that the payment will be deferred onto HECS.

D94

HSC
N/A
Which one is better SA or HECS?
SA = Student Amenities Fee (more or less a general compulsory contribution fee)
HECS = your course fees

They are both fees. You have to pay both.

photastic

HSC
SA = Student Amenities Fee (more or less a general compulsory contribution fee)
HECS = your course fees

They are both fees. You have to pay both.
Is it cheaper to pay upfront? Im reading the govt info and still unsure the differences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)