Decade study - 50's (1 Viewer)

Artemis13

HSC
Hi everyone,

For some reason when we did our decade study in History on the 1950's, our teacher neglected to talk about music and its significance. Seeing as there was a question a few years ago about that aspect of the decade, could someone give me a brief outline of the important bits?

Thanks,
Jo.

chadmeleon

HSC
Sorry, cant really help cause we did the 60's...
but i guess it was leading up to the experimentation and chage that eventually would affect all areas of life...i doubt theyll make a whole (large marked) question on just music...at least i hope not...

stoj19

HSC
you only need to know one decade in depth....the long response question will give you the option of choosing a decade as in the syllabus each school only had to study one decade

bored of sc

HSC
Major change for music in the 1950's was the rock and roll revolution. Artists like Elvis Presdley and Johnny O'Keefe was seen as icons and the whole 'teenager' concept developed. Scandalous behaviour was associated with teenagers who were seen as 'rebelious' - partly because of the 'heavy' rock music. The influence of America on Australian culture was also very strong as music came straight from the U.S and provided us with a diet of American culture.

That's essentially all I have on 1950's music. It should only be a few points or a smallish paragraph in an essay on the 1950's. Just blabber on about something remotely related if need be - the paragraph above is off the top of my thick head, so you'll be right.

Artemis13

HSC
Mmm, thanks everyone. Those notes are especially useful, acevipa.

daugust1

HSC
too bad there was nothing about the decade study :( in the actual school certficate.

Goodluck to everyone in the Comp test 2morrow.

:)

do all of the past papers and you will get BAND 6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)