Death Metal!!! (1 Viewer)

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
read my post. i said i hate incomprehensible growling.
and im very aware that opeth are 50% singing, and i like those songs. but the nathan explosion esque growl is fucking boring
Each to their own. I think both sides ( growl and singing) are awesome as.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If you think of the screams and growls as an instrument, rather than a voice, it makes it so much more bearable and enjoyable to listen to. Especially when you're not used to the guttural vocal style.

binary star

HSC
If you think of the screams and growls as an instrument, rather than a voice, it makes it so much more bearable and enjoyable to listen to. Especially when you're not used to the guttural vocal style.
The whole genre takes a while to get used to. I think I started off listening to Dark Tranquility and In Flames.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I jumped from just general heavy metal to Metalcore. And then progressively got harder and faster from there on.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
ahaha, oh guys..

I got straight into death metal. Like... i got introduced into slipknot and unearth, and i thought wow this is cool! Then a friend told me about this band called Nile, when i got into that i loved it immediately.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
hahaha i hate that whole brotherhood of metal bullshit. i cringe everytime i hear someone say it
even worse when unearth were all like
"metal and hardcore are a fellowship, they stand tall against adversity"
*facepalm*

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
hahaha i hate that whole brotherhood of metal bullshit. i cringe everytime i hear someone say it
even worse when unearth were all like
"metal and hardcore are a fellowship, they stand tall against adversity"
*facepalm*
haha yer, i dont like it either actually, i cringe also. I like Manowar but hate their lyrics, because its all brotherhood and medieval horses and knights and shit haha

Hornby

Banned
HSC
^Manowar are simply awesome, I want to pick up my sword and shield and run into battle after listening to them. I want them to tour here, but chances are they won't. That'd be an experience and a half. Favourite Song is Hail and Kill, with Thor a close second.

I'm not so much a fan of the gutteral type singing, I can tolerate bits and pieces but not constant growls, it just detracts from the song. I'm basically your general Heavy Metal Fan.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
^Manowar are simply awesome, I want to pick up my sword and shield and run into battle after listening to them. I want them to tour here, but chances are they won't. That'd be an experience and a half. Favourite Song is Hail and Kill, with Thor a close second.

I'm not so much a fan of the gutteral type singing, I can tolerate bits and pieces but not constant growls, it just detracts from the song. I'm basically your general Heavy Metal Fan.
My friend, listen to the songs Asator and Twilight of the Thunder God, by Amon Amarth.

I will guarantee that after listening to those 2 songs you will be googling medieval weaponry and vikings for the next 2-3 hours.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Manowar are alright, but I just grown tired with them. Especially since there is much better Power/Epic Metal out there.

Hornby

Banned
HSC
Helloween are far and away my favourite power metal band, saw them last year in concert and they were simply awesome. I particularly like they're older stuff

Fav album: Keeper of the Seven Keys Part 1
Hon Mention: Walls of Jericho

Fav Song: Halloween
Hon Mention: Hell was made in Heaven

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I prefer Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, and Iced Earth, amoung others, over Helloween.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Has anyone heard of Swallow The Sun? They're are Death/Doom crossover band. If so, what songs do you like?

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
My friend, listen to the songs Asator and Twilight of the Thunder God, by Amon Amarth.

I will guarantee that after listening to those 2 songs you will be googling medieval weaponry and vikings for the next 2-3 hours.

Fuck omie_jay. Just download the entire Twilight of the Thunder God album.

And have a bucket prepared.
Omar..Chris..i love u guys haha

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
had a dream the other nite, that i was met up with Inferno and Johan Hegg. We had a mad convo. Inferno showed us some cool drumming, and he had some weird thing on his kit, i asked him "whats that for" and he told me it was his mike, sometimes he apparantly joins in the vocals (probably not irl), he leant forward and growled some lyrics, then Hegg joined in too, growling a line from Gods of War Arise: "some seek shelter in the church, a refuge for those with faith", then i completed the line (not in a growl cuz i cant do that): "but we know how to smoke them out, a pyre will be raised".
Johan looked surprised and said "Hey! You know the lyrics! Nice one!".

Best.

dream.

ever.

Had another one a couple of weeks ago, that i was back in high school, but my teacher was Adam Darski, and he had maroonish coloured hair and pale white skin (like from decade of therion videoclip), and while he was talking and writing on the blackboard about maths, a radio was on, pretty loud, playing behemoth.
His handwriting, at first, looked messy. Then i noticed he wrote in almost the same font that the behemoth logo is in.

..love dreaming.

BeyondDeath

HSC
Has anyone heard of Swallow The Sun? They're are Death/Doom crossover band. If so, what songs do you like?
Yes I love them they are total pwnage. Pretty much all of The Morning Never Came is great. The other 2 are good also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)