Death Metal!!! (1 Viewer)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
has anyone here heard of cynic? they are currently touring with meshuggah and wow are they good

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
ive heard of cynic, they were mentioned earlier in this thread, whats a good album from them? I'll downoad it and check it out.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Cynic are great. If you like Opeth, you'll like Cynic.

Of the album, you can either go for their early release and get Focus. Or you can get their newest album Traced In Air. It won't matter really.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i think traced in air is vastly superior to focus
and yes they are kinda opethish. except better vocals

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
i dont think i'll like opeth
Does this mean you haven't heard them? They're one of the best progressive death metal bands on the market.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
ive listened to about half of a song on their myspace and i didnt really like, but everyone says they're heaps good, so i'll get an album, whats their best album that i should get?

ledzeppelin

HSC
ive listened to about half of a song on their myspace and i didnt really like, but everyone says they're heaps good, so i'll get an album, whats their best album that i should get?
Still Life and Blackwater Park are amazing

BeyondDeath

HSC
I rekon its the most accessable (other than Damnation of course) and covers a wide range of the different Opeth sounds, so you get a taste of what theyre about (but theyve changed alot since theyre Orchid and Morningrise days). Also because the song Blackwater Park is fucking awesome.

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
i think traced in air is vastly superior to focus
and yes they are kinda opethish. except better vocals
Umm yeah, ur kidding me right. Vocals for opeth is the most dynamic and prob one of the greatest singers i have ever heard. Cynic is good, but not Opeth. Dont forget it

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
yeh only not
he is good, but incomprehensible growling does absolutely nothing for me. and anyone who wants to tell me its an expression of passion can go die

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
yeh only not
he is good, but incomprehensible growling does absolutely nothing for me. and anyone who wants to tell me its an expression of passion can go die
obviously you've only heard some Opeth songs. U'll find that in about 50% of their songs hes not growling at all, but singing. I think u should listen to more Opeth before jumping to conclusions.

ALSO if u dont like growling then u prob wouldnt like >80% of death metal?

Last edited:

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
read my post. i said i hate incomprehensible growling.
and im very aware that opeth are 50% singing, and i like those songs. but the nathan explosion esque growl is fucking boring

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)