da vinci code (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

I didnt get the end of the book. Like how he ended up back in the Louvre (or however you spell it at the end) and his like standing under that glass pyramid thingy...was the holy grail meant to be there or soemthing?

misery

Unspeakable
HSC
I liked all the references to art/religion/ancient history.. because they are my favourite subjects. :) But it really does read like a movie. Just jump in there for the hell of it.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
oh shit yes. The book is fantastic. I also really enjoyed Digital Fortress, just because it has a cool codebreaking theme I like.

_Amie_

HSC
Yeah its worth reading, definately. Its not the best book EVER, but its good, and the way everything is linked and related to each other is impressive.

Blackalicious

HSC
Logain said:
oh shit yes. The book is fantastic. I also really enjoyed Digital Fortress, just because it has a cool codebreaking theme I like.
i got that for my birthday. must start reading.

The da vinci code is fantastic, Angles and demons is pretty good too. Brown must have done a ton of research, Does anyone know how long it took him to write?

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
He's obviously a very smart man. I really liked the stuff about the number "phi" (1.618) in the Da Vinci code, that was so interesting!

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
i really liked it - if u like a good conspiracy theory u would enjoy it - plus i love art and history so yeah it was perfect for me

i've just started the book before it - Angels and Demons - it looks good to - so far i can figure its about the debate b/w religion and science also looks like a good read

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Logain said:
He's obviously a very smart man. I really liked the stuff about the number "phi" (1.618) in the Da Vinci code, that was so interesting!
I strongly disagree. I could put together a string of interestingly obscure facts (and some "facts") and write a novel about them, that wouldn't say anything about my intelligence.

What's obvious is that he's good at holding your attention, but he does it like a TV movie - by leaving you hanging at the end of a chapter, as though you were going into an ad break. Not very clever at all if you ask me.

raybow

HSC
N/A
who is matthew reilly?

any suggestion as to which is a good book to get??

i loved da vinci code it was soo amazing the secrets and twists!

and yer....if reilly 'owns' brown that plz recomend something:)

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
Silas would have to be the weirdest character ive ever read bout, he freaks me out...
i wasnt really into the silas subplot either...
the book is great, best book ive read in a long time

= Jennifer =

HSC
without telling me the ending cause i havent finished it yet does the plot and the subplot have some connection with eachother by the end of the novel?

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
= Jennifer = said:
without telling me the ending cause i havent finished it yet does the plot and the subplot have some connection with eachother by the end of the novel?
yeah at the end the two stories lines intertwine and it kinda explains why there is a silas subplot

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
finished it in 3 days.. i think thats its good
kept me wanting to read more... well written and i think as long as u had the time for the vivid descriptions to settle in it was impressive..

first good book in a while for me

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
I read Dan Brown's other book 'angel and demons' it was really really good....much darker than the da vinci code...all Brown's book are simliar in that they all have mysteries, history, riddles, clues and a lot of controversy...I reckon all u guys should also read it...it's just a different way to look at the world...

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
hey would i like it even though im not much of a reader? is it that good? im the sorta person whos never completed reading a novel cause i lose interest half way through

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)