da vinci code (1 Viewer)

Plebeian

It is difficult to lose interest in the Da Vinci Code, it's a real page-turner.. I read it all in one day because I couldn't put it down...

G

Gavvvvvin

I heard their turning the Da Vinci Code into a movie with Tom Hanks playing the main dude...anyone know if this is true?

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC

i jsut finished reading Angels and Demons - the first one of his novels - it was amazingly good - alot of interesting twists and information
it was deffiently as good - if not better - then the Da Vinci Code.

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
I never imagined Robert Langdon (main guy in DVC) would be Tom Hanks...I kinda imagined him to be played by someone like Harrison Ford or Keanu Reeves...and Sophie (girl from DVC) to be played by Catherine Zeta Jones....just wondering who u guys think best fits the roles of the main characters of DVC?

= Jennifer =

HSC
i think Tom Hanks is a good person for Langdon i think Sophie would be better played by someone like Liz Hurley although she would have to get rid of her accent :p

amandaz

i totally disliked it....although i agree with the ppl who say Brown can write a page turner

i dont think his that great a writer. all he has done is read other (much better) books (concerning the knights templar, opus dei, da vinci etc) and put all the interesting info into his book, along with VERY realistic n predictable *cough cough* characters and plots:
an albino monk who likes to whip himself??? please!

the whole 'i like to write some lines in italics to convey the characters deep inner thoughts' that Brown utilises is soooo trashy American soapy *tried to insert a quote here to back myself up but cant think of anything off the top of my head*

i still cant believe it was #1 for so long

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
*amanda* said:
i totally disliked it....although i agree with the ppl who say Brown can write a page turner

i dont think his that great a writer. all he has done is read other (much better) books (concerning the knights templar, opus dei, da vinci etc) and put all the interesting info into his book, along with VERY realistic n predictable *cough cough* characters and plots:
an albino monk who likes to whip himself??? please!

the whole 'i like to write some lines in italics to convey the characters deep inner thoughts' that Brown utilises is soooo trashy American soapy *tried to insert a quote here to back myself up but cant think of anything off the top of my head*

i still cant believe it was #1 for so long
You obviously have no Taste!
u think an albino monk who likes to whip himself is weird? well what about the terrorists who blow themselves up or native people who cut themselves and pierce themselves all over for pleasure (and this is in real life)...and another thing the Da Vinci Code is a FICTIONAL STORY!! so get over it and let others who like a thriller and an interesting novel to enjoy it.
I reckon Dan brown is a great writer...a great writer is a person who can capture the interest and hearts of many readers all over the world and since the Da Vinci code was #1 for so long it is evidence that he has captured many people's imagination...

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
= Jennifer = said:
i think Tom Hanks is a good person for Langdon i think Sophie would be better played by someone like Liz Hurley although she would have to get rid of her accent :p
Liz Hurley!! I forgot about her...yeh she would make a good Sophie

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
thaoroxy2001 said:
You obviously have no Taste!
u think an albino monk who likes to whip himself is weird? well what about the terrorists who blow themselves up or native people who cut themselves and pierce themselves all over for pleasure (and this is in real life)...and another thing the Da Vinci Code is a FICTIONAL STORY!! so get over it and let others who like a thriller and an interesting novel to enjoy it.
I reckon Dan brown is a great writer...a great writer is a person who can capture the interest and hearts of many readers all over the world and since the Da Vinci code was #1 for so long it is evidence that he has captured many people's imagination...
Blast. I thought your post was sarcasm. :(

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
One word. Over-rated. I have no idea how books like this even become popular.

Sycochild

HSC
N/A
Da Vinci Code was enjoyable, but IMO definately did not deserve all its praise and popularity. Sure it was a blast to read, but it wasn't terribly clever nor was it intellectually stimulating. Just a "fun" book in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)