Cyber Love (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Do you think that you can find love through technology ie: online or through phones.

My best friend likes a guy she met on speed dating ... shes 18 and hes 22, except hes been sending her rude sms.

She wants to met him and he wants to met her, however i am scared that he is gonna hurt her.

Her parents agree with me ... but i don't want to sound like her parents.

What should I do???

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
i personally dont think theres anything wrong with it, but me thinks i wouldnt purposely go on the net to find a girl

in your case its hard to say, i persoannly would stick with her because she obviously cant be convinced not to see him so if something does happen its better that ur there to support her, if u abandon her now and something happens shes less likely to leave him

Juliet

HSC
Have a good think when deciding the best place to meet this guy, it should be:
- in a public place
- a place that you know very well, so u can leave easily and be comfortable

Try not to give him any really personal information untill u know he's for real, although i don't know how much your friend has already given him. Also have a plan in mind for every situation that could arise.

I think that meeting people online is great, as long as its done in a careful and safe manner. :)

Last edited:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
theres nothing you can do. They are both adults.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
The thing is even though she is 18 ... she can't make decisions on her own. She has just got out of a mental hospital and she has depression and psychosis (or however its spelt) and she gets confused easily ... thats why i am so worried about her.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Not into it, but my star sign this week says to become open-minded about it.

hmmm.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
there's some sort of protocol you can use and inform the other person you're meeting?

Put in an envelope: his details, your location, etc. and give it to her mum so if she doesn't come home, she can contact the police and provide the information she has... remember reading about it somewhere, but I forget what it's called.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
one of my best friends met her ex on icq :S
they were "together" for well over a year before she finally went to HK to meet him... they lived together for a month or two.... she's since broken up with him, six months or so after coming back from HK. he'd become too possessive, and is now threatenign her with suicide, etc etc. -____-

my cousin openly picks up guys on the net. she scares me. she messages people on ringo/tickle with "hey saw your pic and i think you're cute, do you haev msn or icq?" :rolleyes: i don't know how she can do that.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Trusting people on websites is one thing. Trusting people over ICQ is another :S

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Loz#1 said:
Trusting people on websites is one thing. Trusting people over ICQ is another :S
*eyes loz suspiciously*

anyway, i don't really think there's anything wrong with it, just that i wouldn't deliberately go on the net to find a boyfriend :p. if your friend wants to meet up with this guy, make sure she lets someone know where she will be and what time she'll be back, etc etc. or perhaps she can meet him with a bunch of people (preferably including you), that way it's safer and less of a "date"? :p

Last edited:

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Go on a double date...that way you can look out for her....

or are you a guy who likes your friend?? in that case fess up my friend ^.<

Auto Wah

People on the internet are dangerous. You don't know who you are talking to and they might be stalkers. But other than that i don't see why you shouldn't date people online. Me personally wouldn't go that far. But i'm not against it so i guess it's okay Cape.
I won't laugh at you.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Looking for a girl, heartbeat optional. Dialup-ers need not apply.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
rofl :)

yeha had that for my msn nick for a while, thought it fit quite nicely with the topic :)

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
ive met people through mirc (yr 8/9) and they became my best friends. used to spend every weekend with them
it depends where u meet them i spose.
i tend to meet people once and then find out their contacts and build a relationship that way, its a lot easier to see someone a second time personally once uve built a casual relationship.

astro

HSC
i reckon that after personally meeting someone, love can then eventuate on the net....falling in love through mere chatting isn't something i would not advise

i just realised that i forget to put the 'not' in it....

Last edited:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
I'm so cut now astro :/

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
ive met heapsa ppl on the net, not deliberately, but yea.. i met the guy im seeing now on the net.. and i cant complain :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)