Cut-off (1 Viewer)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
bong is right, and it should be hard.

If you are a keen actuarial, your average should at least be 3.00 by the end of first year. (If you are extra keen, anywhere around 3.80 to 4.00.) Your grades should be a concern... however, you should do your best in first year, because who knows - it may be harder to transfer given they do have a quota for first year Law.

bong

HSC
if u really want acst/law, another way might be to get into sumthin like applied finance/law, and transfer to acst/law....

not too sure how that would affect your 1st yr subjects though...

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
but i thought all the act std degrees (incl all doubles) have same first yr subjects...

bong

HSC
yea they do.. im just sayin.. if u really want that law component, its an option

not sure as to the 1st yr subs u can do with applied finance/law

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Don't worry, ACST/LAW people start their Law units in second year... which is why I could've transferred, if I wanted to... but I don't want to spend six years, which is why I didn't. :p

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yeh 6 yrs is daunting, i jus wanna finish it up in 4yrs and chase after FIAA accreditation

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
By the time they finish their Law doubles, we could've potentially finished Part III (and immediately after that Part IV) and become FIAAs. :D

No one ever tells you about Part IV do they? :p

bong

HSC
unless its the professionalism course and work experience requirement...

part 4???

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Ah, someone who knows... it's the Professionalism Course. Work requirement is for Part III.

bong

HSC
yay :D

from what i remember.. its a series of talks and what not over a couple of days?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I heard it was only one day. But even if it's a month, it's all good, if we make it ;) at all.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, I'm under no illusions as I finished my walk in the park, and things start to get serious.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
You're in the "Walk in the Park" stage, with possibly wild animals lurkin' behind trees and swings. :p

bong

HSC
and i suppose you're on your way into the congo? :D

bong

HSC
oh come now, there's a light at the end of the tunnel, its just very far away and difficult to reach......

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I'll rephrase that - There's a light at the end of the tunnel, it's just very far away and where few will reach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)