Cut-off (1 Viewer)

ND

HSC
Didn't rise too much; 97.25. Wow Acst/Law is 99.45!

edit: and Acst/BEc actually dropped...

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I just checked, and all I can say is... I'm a little surprised, even if I shouldn't be. ( Link )

The Cut-offs to Note: (with previous Cut-off in brackets)
* BCom-Actuarial Stds: 97.25 (96.80)
* BAppFin/BCom-Actuarial Stds: 98.50 (98.05)
* BCom-ActStd/Bsc Maths: 99.05 (98.05)
* BCom-Actuarial Stds/B Laws: 99.45 (99.10)

Comments:
* The single degree has risen yet again. Over the past two years it's risen about 1 point from low 96s to (now) low 97s. Which should mean that even the people with lower UAIs will be of high quality, which means we (older) grades really don't want to fail and drop into your year. :p
*The ever-popular AppFin combination has yet again set the standard for double degrees which have risen from a minimum of 98.05 to 98.50, which is quite an increase considering we are approaching the top end of UAIs, well relatively speaking. I presume many would have missed out! (Btw, it was also about two years ago when most of the double degrees were at least 1 UAI point below what it is now.)
* Ah... Mathematics! It leads the pack for non-law double degrees and by quite a margin, with last year's leader being Computing (now, 98.70).
* Law?! It's even higher than UNSW's Law degree (99.35). Did you know that after one year, you can transfer from Actuarial Studies (w/ or w/o double degree) to Actuarial Studies/Law, provided you have decent grades?

:)

bong

HSC
thank god for the mq internal transfer system :p

and yea, these are some big increases considering they're at the top end already

unsw law only rose by 0.05 and usyd stayed constant, so that might suggest that 99.5+ students are looking elsewhere instead of following the crowd? :D

EDIT: damn, why couldnt they have just all fought for the law places and leave acst alone??? haha :chainsaw:

also note, B Business B Laws at uts, rose only 0.15, and from what my friends say... its the third option behind unsw and usyd law

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
If only I wanted to do Law with Actuarial Studies... then I'd be laughing :p

So how did all our ACST hopefuls fair, in terms of their preferences?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
holy shit, imagine how high the cut offs for me next yr will b??:S
yes thankgod for transfers, im praying to get into law, but looking at the ridiculously high cut off, theres a minimal chance, transferrring is my best bet...but then again 6 yrs of uni, id prefer app fin in that respect

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
btw flyin y do u think that info thread was unproductive??

bong

HSC
mehh, missed AppFin double by 0.15, so i'll do the single deg and aim for the transfer after 1st semester

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
btw flyin y do u think that info thread was unproductive??
It's because I wasn't going to plough the net for information. And the *new* approach is more useful and allows me to still be lazy. :D

mehh, missed AppFin double by 0.15, so i'll do the single deg and aim for the transfer after 1st semester
It makes no difference if you transfer at the end of the year.

bong

HSC
i know :D, but i'd have felt better if i didnt have to transfer at all, its better for my morale LOL :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
lol, the focus should be on the Actuarial part of your double degree anyway.

bong

HSC
true, i spose im really aiming to transfer to double so that i can do the part 2 subs in undergrad, and finance is an interest area, so yea..

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
The main aim is four years. Not five, six, ..., or never. :D

ND

HSC
I didn't get maths, but i'll just transfer after 1st year.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Yeah, Mathematics was ridiculously high this year for some odd (and unexpected) reason. Transfer is good.

chunder

HSC
just scrapped in for ApplFin/Actuarial

see you guys there nect year...

reckon i got a chance on getting one of those scholarships that you don't need to apply for? what's the selection criteria anyway?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
You're chances are ridiculously slim! If you just scraped in, you're probably very close to 98.50, which means that you have almost no chance of the $2,500 scholarship for those on or over 98.50, because they have a quota for each division. I was in a similar situation... and many with much higher UAIs (but below 99.50) didn't get anything. If you did something like Arts or Sciences on the other hand =p

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
jus a question on transfers-how descent does ur grades have to b to transfer into law/act std from the single degree,compared with transferring from anotha double degree to law/act std

bong

HSC
Transfer for students NOT enrolled in LLB

complete law113 and law103, (P/C)..no idea what that means

at least 18 credit points with gpa of 2

"Students must apply for the non-law quota no later than the end of second year."

bong

HSC
2 point gpa is pass.... u'd be wanting credit avg minimum if u want to go further than 1st yr wuth acst....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)