Currently in year 11 and contemplating on whether or not i should move schools? (1 Viewer)

ultim

HSC
I currently live around 15 minutes away from school (by car), so i wake up at around 7 and get to school at 8 (period 0). However, my family plan to move houses in the upcoming holidays (or later...but i'm positive it'll be before year 12 commences) and it'll take me even longer to get to school (about half an hour) unless my parents are busy and i have to catch public transport to school (bus, and then train).
My other option is to transfer to the school within the area (10 minute walk, 2 minute car ride). I'm not doing particularly good at school (not top 25 for any subject aside from multimedia and modern) so i don't think there'll be a problem with my 'studies'. I don't have many friends at the school either and overall don't enjoy going. The majority of the staff are bad too with only around 3-5 teachers being helpful throughout the school.
However... The school near my new house is ranked in the 500s, whereas the school i'm currently in is around 160s.
Opinions?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Stay in your current school. Half an hour is nothing? What the hell, it took me almost an hour to get to school. And yes I also started at 8.

matchalolz

HSC
takes me 40 mins to get to school, used to take over an hour though before I moved. I would say stay at your current school.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
it took me 20 min to get to school and 30 to home (i took the bus).

IMO; stay at your current school

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Switching from a school in the 160s to a school in the 500s? That's like choosing mcdonalds over a five star restaurant just because you're not bothered to make the 40 minute drive. I'm sure your rankings will improve dramatically and since you're only in year 11, you have heaps of time. I have to wake up 6am because I have to prepare everything myself before school... You'll be fine. If I were you, i'd sacrifice a couple of minutes to continue the current school you're at.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
stay.....
lol
i travel 1 hr a day to school
suck it up haha you might need to travel more for work and uni so get used to it now

Lina3

HSC
My two cents worth: I think you should only move if being at that school makes you really really unhappy, not because of the distance. That being said...you say that your teachers are not helpful, but in a 500's ranked school that's not likely to improve. Also, why do you not have friends? If people are being bullies that's also unlikely to dissapear at a 500's ranked school (unless the bullying is of an elitist nature).

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
I currently live around 15 minutes away from school (by car), so i wake up at around 7 and get to school at 8 (period 0). However, my family plan to move houses in the upcoming holidays (or later...but i'm positive it'll be before year 12 commences) and it'll take me even longer to get to school (about half an hour) unless my parents are busy and i have to catch public transport to school (bus, and then train).
My other option is to transfer to the school within the area (10 minute walk, 2 minute car ride). I'm not doing particularly good at school (not top 25 for any subject aside from multimedia and modern) so i don't think there'll be a problem with my 'studies'. I don't have many friends at the school either and overall don't enjoy going. The majority of the staff are bad too with only around 3-5 teachers being helpful throughout the school.
However... The school near my new house is ranked in the 500s, whereas the school i'm currently in is around 160s.
Opinions?
I think you should post a here https://www.facebook.com/whatprivateschoolstudentssnapchat

HSC
N/A
30 minutes vs. 10 minute walk and 2 minute car ride = 18 minutes saved.

School year = (let's just assume it's 300 or something, I really can't be bothered to do the maths)

= 5400 minutes saved (90 hours)

Not only will you have saved that much time, but you'll also be at a better-ranking school, possibly have more friends, enjoy yourself more, have better teachers, etc.

Make the move to change IMO.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
30 minutes vs. 10 minute walk and 2 minute car ride = 18 minutes saved.

School year = (let's just assume it's 300 or something, I really can't be bothered to do the maths)

= 5400 minutes saved (90 hours)

Not only will you have saved that much time, but you'll also be at a better-ranking school, possibly have more friends, enjoy yourself more, have better teachers, etc.

Make the move to change IMO.

Quote from OP 'However... The school near my new house is ranked in the 500s, whereas the school i'm currently in is around 160s.'

She'd be moving to a school which performs a lot worse.
I'd personally stay at the school, sometimes its better the devil you know then the devil you don't.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
You put forward the school rank reason because you think it will help you.

It won't help you.... You just need to study harder.

enoilgam

HSC
What would your main reason be to make the change? Is it the travel, or do you think a change in schools will make you happier from a social perspective?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)