Current movies seem boring....When are good ones coming out? (1 Viewer)

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
all movies are shit now srsly

the last movie i enjoyed in the cinemas was "Star Wars - The Clone Wars", and that was because it was hilariously bad.

spiny norman

HSC
icecreamdisco said:
i love the plot summary of twilight on the imdb. apparently the movie's so awesome that an objective recounting of the narrative simply won't do!
That's awesome. I especially like how it's the "ultimate in forbidden love", like that's anything but between man and skunk.

This has been an unusually shit year, but then 2007 was abnormally good, so you've just got to take the bad with the good.

That said, Christmas Day through to about mid-February seems to be a period where there's a few good films that'll be around, which is fairly typical. The previously mentioned Slumdog Millionaire looks good, as does Changeling (but then I'm just a sucker for anything Clint Eastwood, even if it does star Angelina Jolie). The Curious Case of Benjamin Button should be worthwhile too.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
curious case of benjamin button is going to be awesome. i didnt really like the trailer for changeling but ill probably see it regardless. im excited for igor even though its been getting bad reviews.

there's also:
the spirit - frank miller's new movie
milk
revolutionary road
valkyrie (this looks absolutely ridiculous but im going for the lol factor)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
xONBROKENWINGSx said:
the time of making good movies has passed. From the shit ive seen recently, eg the happening,writers must be smoking way too much crack to think that that shit is good. Go for the classics llike billy madison etc
um. there's heaps of good movies coming out, and decent directors are going to keep making worthwhile movies for ages. know where to look. it helps having half a brain and knowing how to navigate imdb

AUSBLUESWOMEN

HSC
Hey guys Twilight is coming out, thats a good one. I have already seen it on the net and its better then what I thought it would be. And also, I really want to see High School Musical 3, that will be great when I go and see it.

icecreamdisco

HSC
the wrestler should be good too.

also i saw vicky cristina barcelona at the movie club screening on thursday. it was fun and should appeal to n00bs and buffs alike.

oh and hunger is amazing, anyone who isn't anticipating twilight or hsm3 should see that.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
icecreamdisco said:
the wrestler should be good too.

also i saw vicky cristina barcelona at the movie club screening on thursday. it was fun and should appeal to n00bs and buffs alike.

oh and hunger is amazing, anyone who isn't anticipating twilight or hsm3 should see that.
very very keen to see hunger.

HSC
spiny norman said:
That's awesome. I especially like how it's the "ultimate in forbidden love", like that's anything but between man and skunk.

This has been an unusually shit year, but then 2007 was abnormally good, so you've just got to take the bad with the good.

That said, Christmas Day through to about mid-February seems to be a period where there's a few good films that'll be around, which is fairly typical. The previously mentioned Slumdog Millionaire looks good, as does Changeling (but then I'm just a sucker for anything Clint Eastwood, even if it does star Angelina Jolie). The Curious Case of Benjamin Button should be worthwhile too.
Hmmm, there were a couple of pretty good ones in 2008 such as - Ironman, The Incredible Hulk and Batman The Dark Knight. I think those 3 were the standouts from the movies this year, although I'am a fan of marvel comics and DC :headbang:

Yeah there should be good ones coming out from Christmas - mid February. The Curius Case of Benjamin Button looked alright in the trailers.

icecreamdisco

HSC
Born Dancer said:
very very keen to see hunger.
it's incredible difficult to watch but brilliant... i'm honestly suprised by the completely unanimous critical acclaim since australian critics are usual averse to anything challenging, and i expected it to be more polarising. still, it's a must see.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
I saw Hunger at Verona, and if in that flashback scene there was a dying baby foal, I was going to walk out because GOD DAMN.

Scene w/ preist and Bobby Sands was very good also. Half way through I realised that the camera hasn't cut away yet.

Cannot believe that shit happened in the UK in the 80s.

rainny

HSC
N/A
twilight seems appealing, the trailer

Jessica14

HSC
Angels and Demons is coming out next May (I know that's ages away). The book was great so I hope the movie does it justice. The trailer looks okay.

kwabon

Banned
HSC
guys i pretty sure u r forgetting one movie
HARRY POTTER ; HALF BLOOD PRINCE

i dont like harry potter by the way, too repetitive :evilfire:

HSC
Jessica14 said:
Angels and Demons is coming out next May (I know that's ages away). The book was great so I hope the movie does it justice. The trailer looks okay.
I hate those types of movies :uhoh:

Adventure, Comedy and Action FTW!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)