curious to know (1 Viewer)

w00dy.

HSC
hi all.

i am currently working at big w as a nightfiller and is employed as a permanent part timer, 20hrs a week, 5 nights a week, 4 hours each shift, which means i am locked in on a contract and the contract that i am currently on lasts for 12 months.

i am considering dropping more hours in order to focus more on hsc and i was thinking of doing so at the start of term 4 or there abouts.

and that i guess brings me to my question

does anyone out there know if it is possible for me to get out of my contract before it expires at the start of next year?

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
i worked at big w once

but i got caught stealing a ps2 and hiding it in my pants

so i quit before they could fire me

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
... and now you're an auditor at BDO? Great credibility there! jkjk.

Back on topic though, if you go to your manager and talk to them casually/normally (rather than a "I WANT TO STOP THIS CONTRACT NOW!" attitude), I'm pretty sure they won't think you're a tool.. just tell them exactly what you told us, and see how they respond. Good luck :)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
and of course there is a foolproof way to get out the contract, and thats resign

Scanorama

HSC
w00dy. said:
hi all.

i am currently working at big w as a nightfiller and is employed as a permanent part timer, 20hrs a week, 5 nights a week, 4 hours each shift, which means i am locked in on a contract and the contract that i am currently on lasts for 12 months.

i am considering dropping more hours in order to focus more on hsc and i was thinking of doing so at the start of term 4 or there abouts.

and that i guess brings me to my question

does anyone out there know if it is possible for me to get out of my contract before it expires at the start of next year?
What sort of contract is it? I work at Woolies as a nightfiller and has been on permanent part time since Feburary this year. So far I changed my contract 2 times, currently on the 3rd one. My first contract (14 hours) only lasted a week when I realised I can't work long hours on saturday night due uni.

The 2nd contract (13 hours) lasted around 2 months when I wanted to cut my hours further. I've been on the 3rd contract (11 hours) since July this year.

When I ask my managers if I can cut my hours due to uni commitments, they are always very accomodating and give me whatever I want.

w00dy.

HSC
Scanorama said:
What sort of contract is it? I work at Woolies as a nightfiller and has been on permanent part time since Feburary this year. So far I changed my contract 2 times, currently on the 3rd one. My first contract (14 hours) only lasted a week when I realised I can't work long hours on saturday night due uni.

The 2nd contract (13 hours) lasted around 2 months when I wanted to cut my hours further. I've been on the 3rd contract (11 hours) since July this year.

When I ask my managers if I can cut my hours due to uni commitments, they are always very accomodating and give me whatever I want.
this will be my 3rd contract.
my first two were 3 month ones and now i am on a 12 month one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)