CSSA Trials: English AOS Paper 1 (1 Viewer)

onedaysnotice

HSC
What order are you guys planning on doing the modules tomorrow? Also, what would you do if 40 mins is up and you're near the end of the first essay (3 mins left)?

Out of curiosity, what order did you guys do the paper today? I think I was the only person at school to do: Creative, Short Answer, Essay
tmo: conflicting perspectives (ted hughes), texts in time (frankenblade), critical study (hamlet)

order today: creative, 1/2 short answer, 1/2 essay, 1/2 short answer, then just tried to finish the essay halfway through it LOL.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
What order are you guys planning on doing the modules tomorrow? Also, what would you do if 40 mins is up and you're near the end of the first essay (3 mins left)?

Out of curiosity, what order did you guys do the paper today? I think I was the only person at school to do: Creative, Short Answer, Essay
I did creative, essay, short answer.

2xL

HSC

Hopefully 40 40 40.

I did short, creative ,essay. I mean, you just read the texts so might as well do the short answer questions when its still fresh.

bertstare

HSC

I did creative->short answer->essay as well.

Unfortunately I spent too much time on my creative, so I had to rush the short answer to get to my essay on time.

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
15?

I didn't do Catholic, but in my one, I did the creative in a tad over 30 minutes, short answer in about 45 and then essay in 45
Same here, short anwers - 60 mins, creative 45mins, essay 15 mins was shtting it when they said 10mins left.

George121

HSC
Was i the only one who did Essay, comprehension, then creative? o.o

Btw did anyone mention about the positive sense of belonging through the tree, for 1a (although it was dark and whatever, there was still leaves growing, producing colour and providing some sense of hope even if the individuals were different/back-to-back)

:s

The Hickstar

HSC
i really enjoyed it though!!! good paper i thought it will be harder cause im in standard!! good paper

mike12345678

HSC
lmaooo good one george.
it doesnt really matter which order you do it in as long as you do it well haha

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Was i the only one who did Essay, comprehension, then creative? o.o

Btw did anyone mention about the positive sense of belonging through the tree, for 1a (although it was dark and whatever, there was still leaves growing, producing colour and providing some sense of hope even if the individuals were different/back-to-back)

:s
oh lol i completely just made up my answer to that question. i think i said something along the lines of the two people being in vibrant colours and as vibrant colours represented warmth, it showed they had a positive sense of belonging...or something like that :\

Demise

HSC
oh lol i completely just made up my answer to that question. i think i said something along the lines of the two people being in vibrant colours and as vibrant colours represented warmth, it showed they had a positive sense of belonging...or something like that :\
I talked about the fact that they overlapped, so they had belonging there. I also mentioned how they had similar colours to the leaves which grew together, so they belonged. Such a bullshit question, IMHO.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Ideally: Short answer, essay, creative. I.e.: in descending order of intellectual input required.

2xL

HSC
I talked about the fact that they overlapped, so they had belonging there. I also mentioned how they had similar colours to the leaves which grew together, so they belonged. Such a bullshit question, IMHO.
What i wrote! I wrote that the overlapping of the two people symbolises the intertwining of the human spirit... LOL.

KevinHuynh

HSC

I did: Creative, Essay and Short Answer. I had 20 minutes to do my short answers though :'(

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
What i wrote! I wrote that the overlapping of the two people symbolises the intertwining of the human spirit... LOL.
that sounds good!...hopefully, i can pull off the marks with what i wrote.

George121

HSC
So... Who's ready to fail tomorrow? :D

If i get 65% i'll be happy.

Time to pull off my 4 page essays
QUALITY > QUANTITY

2xL

HSC
So... Who's ready to fail tomorrow? :D

If i get 65% i'll be happy.

Time to pull off my 4 page essays
QUALITY > QUANTITY
4 pages is rather short. Ideally should be aiming for 6 imo. (by 6 i mean those fat ass chunky hsc style booklets which fit like 200 words per page)

George121

HSC
4 pages is rather short. Ideally should be aiming for 6 imo. (by 6 i mean those fat ass chunky hsc style booklets which fit like 200 words per page)
I tend to write really big

and indent every sentence, so i can cover about 1 and a half booklets

But.. with the stress of not knowing where to start, i'll be lucky to pull off 6 pages..

i just hope Hamlet is an extract (that basically gives us the answer with techniques and quotes) :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)