CSSA Trials: English AOS Paper 1 (2 Viewers)

inJust

HSC
For my essay i talked about experiences and how various experiences in a moment in time can create understanding as to whether a person belongs or not... any insights

:)

Only reason since 5 mark question was on experiences and like any other year their is a constant theme that goes through the paper
That's what I did. I stressed the various experiences one has that shapes our sense of belonging blah blah.

Neptunes

HSC
Yeah I struggled with the Basil extract aswell, But the rest was alright.

Last edited:

George121

HSC
that basil thing did not make sense :\
I agree.

some people said he felt he belonged because he had a 'nickname' even though there was some retarded word with the meaning at the bottom, talking about trauma or something, and that led to him 'passing the ball poorly'. Did he pass it poorly due to the shock of having a nickname in the new school, and thus feeling the sense of belonging? or was it from the trauma?

Thanks for that CSSA, or however we refer to them... lets see how they f*** (just to keep it G rated) us over tomorrow for paper 2. Watch them ask for some retarded responses, with reference to just one character, that isn't even part of the story..

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I agree.

some people said he felt he belonged because he had a 'nickname' even though there was some retarded word with the meaning at the bottom, talking about trauma or something, and that led to him 'passing the ball poorly'. Did he pass it poorly due to the shock of having a nickname in the new school, and thus feeling the sense of belonging? or was it from the trauma?

Thanks for that CSSA, or however we refer to them... lets see how they f*** (just to keep it G rated) us over tomorrow for paper 2. Watch them ask for some retarded responses, with reference to just one character, that isn't even part of the story..
this! yeah, he got called the nickname then he passed the ball wrong and was talking something about the stark bareness of his lastname but then he was saved and went to bed holding happily to it...so confused.

George121

HSC
I think they were just like us for this exam.. last minute preparations haha

hopefully teachers take all answers into consideration, if we have provided enough evidence to support what we said (half the time, i thought it would've been easier to disagree with the question) -.-

deswa1

HSC
I think they were just like us for this exam.. last minute preparations haha

hopefully teachers take all answers into consideration, if we have provided enough evidence to support what we said (half the time, i thought it would've been easier to disagree with the question) -.-
Well then why not disagree with it? With the question our school gave us, it asked to what extent did our studies support this and I basically said "Yes its important BUT and then disagreed a bit as well"

George121

HSC
Well then why not disagree with it? With the question our school gave us, it asked to what extent did our studies support this and I basically said "Yes its important BUT and then disagreed a bit as well"
I didn't think it would be safe to disagree with the questions in comprehension

I just provided the technique, example and some made up meaning that was related to the question. Hope it pays off

broncos123

HSC
N/A
It doesn't matter what language techniques you used, as long as you can back your argument with evidence by relating it to belonging.

George121

HSC
It doesn't matter what language techniques you used, as long as you can back your argument with evidence by relating it to belonging.
and the evidence comes through the technique and the quote (more so the quote, but the technique shows you understand both the quote, and what the question asks for)

i remember there was one question which specifically asked for just imagery, but i incorporated other techniques to

gr_111

HSC
this! yeah, he got called the nickname then he passed the ball wrong and was talking something about the stark bareness of his lastname but then he was saved and went to bed holding happily to it...so confused.
no, didn't he pass the ball bad because he was so surprised and glad that he was given a nickname????

onedaysnotice

HSC
oh yeah guys...how much did you write for the creative and the essay?

I wrote 6 for creative, 5-ish for essay.

Keelan134

HSC
Hey fellas,
Was quite easy on the face of it i think. For basil did anyone else discuss that the difference between belonging and not belonging can be as little as a few actions and words, such as the nickname?
Creative writing i didnt explicitly use the quote, but the plot had aspects of the protagonist being scattered from his bro, after all it said basis.

Skrzynecki worked wonders for moments, i interpreted moments as experiences such as postcard and in the folk museum.

Good luck cramming for paper 2

Brett_P

HSC
Stuffed up. Didn't focus in my creative story on the given stimulus (I used the overcoat one) but rather just included her as another character in my story...damn!

Everything else was decent.

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
how many marks will i lose for not incorporating the stimulus in short story (i was going to throw it in at the end, but misjudged my time)

madharris

HSC
N/A
I thought the unseen text number 3 was hard. The one with that basil kid.
Other than that, I did pretty well, did well in the essay however my creative needed quite a bit of adapting to suit the question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)