cssa music 2 trial (1 Viewer)

ekdownie

eating/procrastinating
HSC
A Note from the Moderators:
Please keep in mind not to give out the actual questions or a copy of the paper as there are copyright issues, not the mention the fact that some students may do the same paper as you at a different date and it is still within the security period.

holy fuckeroni

i nearly just died

i thought it was a pretty crap exam, i hated it. some of the questions were fine; but others just confused the shat out of me! such as question 1 c) and how it asked about music suiting the singers WORD PAINTING!!??? WFT???

and i was so stuffed for the esay question; no.1 my teacher hasnt given me any
pieces that represents ART MUSIC :burn: i was freaked! i ended up having to use a piece of music which i study on clarinet, that i didnt even study in class. but that quote looked awfully familiar? does anybody know if it has been used before??

ergh i just hated the art music bit. really stumped me. and i know it shouldnt have but i guess my hopes were down cause i didnt study for the exam as good as i could have.

but i'm the only one in music2 ; therefore i'll always be first. WOOP

Last edited by a moderator:

bored of sc

HSC
I did Music 1 Aural Trial. It wasn't too bad to be honest but I was thrown by a weird arty/technologically manipulated piece. Seems we both dislike questions on art music.

Word Painting is when how the song is being sung (concepts of music) matches what is being sung about (lyrics). So if someone uses staccato, breathy notes and sings about not being able to breathe well in the lyrics (I'm thinking of Maroon Five's Harder to Breathe) this would be Word Painting - personal expressive techniques used to create the mood/themes expressed in the lyrics.

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
I did Music 1 Aural Trial. It wasn't too bad to be honest but I was thrown by a weird arty/technologically manipulated piece. Seems we both dislike questions on art music.

Word Painting is when how the song is being sung (concepts of music) matches what is being sung about (lyrics). So if someone uses staccato, breathy notes and sings about not being able to breathe well in the lyrics (I'm thinking of Maroon Five's Harder to Breathe) this would be Word Painting - personal expressive techniques used to create the mood/themes expressed in the lyrics.

how weird was that one, question 2 or 3! it was definately made in Reason though, which made it hard to identify the synths.

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
our school used the cssa paper for our trials (even though we're not a catholic school), except the teacher didn't like the essay question and gave us a different one! :D

yeah the word painting one made me think for a little bit, but i ended up putting something to do with phrasing, contour, etc.

the melody dictation almost got me, but i got it out in the end... i hope.

ekdownie

eating/procrastinating
HSC
haha yeh your so lucky you got to use a different question! yeh i ended up assuming that is what it meant about the word painting question. and i answered it according to that - though i know i wont get full marks for that question. but meh, its only the trial. tthey do trials to make sure to practise and know what the standard is.

bored of sc

HSC
how weird was that one, question 2 or 3! it was definately made in Reason though, which made it hard to identify the synths.
Indeed, I simply said synthesised pianos and technological effects.

And there were strange technologically manipulated voices in there too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)