CSSA- Biology (1 Viewer)

clry

HSC
Hooray for not having finished the option, and so being able to predict my questions due to limited content covered? :D

annie-louise

HSC
Um, so, just curious..
What did people answer for the MC questions about the vaccine area swelling? I chose Suppressor T cells, but it may have been Cytotoxic T
My bio teacher told me today i got 19/20 in the MC so im trying to figure out what i got wrong :S

smartalec

HSC
Yeah, they concluded 1 gene-1 protein, but this was changed to 1 gene-1 polypeptide when they realised that not all genes code for proteins :) I think? EHHHH. It's over. :L

totally dont remember that question! (and im SURE i finished) what was the question? do you remember what question it was 'around?'

Dylanamali

HSC
Um, so, just curious..
What did people answer for the MC questions about the vaccine area swelling? I chose Suppressor T cells, but it may have been Cytotoxic T
My bio teacher told me today i got 19/20 in the MC so im trying to figure out what i got wrong :S
hmm, how could it be suppressor T cells? what was your reasoning?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I said scientists are working on artificial eyes for blind people and made up some implication on it. Is that good enough?
yeah that's te same thing.

Hooray for not having finished the option, and so being able to predict my questions due to limited content covered? :D
I think it's better that I didn't do blueprint seeing as that fucked up a bunch of you.

clry

HSC
I think it's better that I didn't do blueprint seeing as that fucked up a bunch of you.
Blueprint wasn't too difficult actually. If you knew your dotpoints you were right - there were no abstract questions really..

iAmCurium96

HSC
Human story makes me cry :( Everyone in my year walked out saying the question asking about how you gathered information threw them off

annie-louise

HSC
Well, I thought inflammation is caused by the immune response in order to try and prevent pathogen growth, so if the cytotoxic T cells were still in action, the pathogen would still be there and the area would still be inflamed. Plus it is T-Suppressors job to stop the production of these cells when the pathogen is defeated so therefore the imflammation would stop. Thats just what i thought.

smartalec

HSC
wow 19/20...really really good! so what were some of the answers haha.
btw. i agree with your t-suppressor choice.

vemanjj

HSC
Uni Grad
dw thats what i did, you have to just answer what they want, they didnt ask you to explain how a transgenic species works, they want you to get to the point

vemanjj

HSC
Uni Grad
that it was lowest in 1987 but then on the graph it was lowest from like 1985-1990 so thats probably wrong not sure though
I swear they tricked us, they put a sentence about vaccinations on top and then a graph that had nothing about vaccinations on it so i put the lowest in 1987 one

vemanjj

HSC
Uni Grad
I used tomatoes aswell - why is this such a bad thing? The practical was testing if the lower the temperature of storage effected enzyme activity. So I suggested storing the tomato in different areas, slicing them up then placing them in testtubes where hydrogen peroxide was then added. And if there was a problem with using tomatoes i addressed this in my limitation - stating that the temperature of storage may not be indicative of the internal, enzyme X temperature.
Exactly! thats what I put :) It said where the tomatoes were stored so i was just like store them in the fridge at different temperatures. We did it for milk and junket, which had the enzyme rennin in it or something like that

vemanjj

HSC
Uni Grad
^ this. In fact, you'd probably lose a mark for not using water baths, as simply "placing it on the shelf" isn't maintaining a constant temperature (you have to repeat the experiment 10+ times, temperatures fluctuate throughout the day).
Umm i said put them in the fridge at different temperatures, is that ok? and I also didnt say to measure the bubbles i said measure the hydrogen peroxide first, then put the piece of tomato in and once it has finished bubbling take the tomato piece out and measure the level of hydrogen peroxide, my limiting thing was that the tomato would have some hydrogen peroxide on it. but would that be ok?

Schoey93

HSC
You serious?
My ranks and ambitions have changed since Year 11 when I created that signature - currently would like to complete a chef apprenticeship after school, maybe do some part-time study during, or maybe more realistically, after my chef apprenticeship. Medicine isn't my career goal anymore - it's not where my passion lies and I see limited opportunity to become a leader in this field, or to make any significant difference to the lives of patients - particularly when nurses take care of the day-to-day treatment of patients and when they have more patient contact with doctors. In the future I will look more at teaching (commercial cookery) or nursing as a vocation.

cpwincess19

HSC
oh my gosh ! I want to do an apprenticeship in hospitality (cooking side of things)
AND i'm currently doing a VET course in nursing ... two of the things you were contemplating on :O
THAT'S AWESOME !

rayz93

HSC
Biology was pretty difficult. Going to lose my rank now. :( Oh well, second trial coming up... weighs 25%

Joy_2575

HSC
N/A
what were the questions from Maintaining a Balance? pretty sure my school took out all the CSSA questions on maintaining a balance and replaced them with the independent trial questions for Maintaining a balance..
Just curious to know...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)