• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

crim law assignment (1 Viewer)

iwannarock

HSC
fellow law students

i don't wanna give us a false sense of security, but today in my tute my tutor was talking about the assignments. i asked if there were any fails.

to which she replied "nooooo ofcourse not........i don't fail people anyway".

it was like music to my ears. good music.

it just made me wanna throw my books off the table.........kick up my feet on the desk right then and there and just fall asleep and not worry about this unit anymore.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
You're lucky... I think its only Anne who doesnt fail people. Last year, my tutor Katherine failed a few people, as has my current tutor Tom.

I'm doomed!!!

Also, I sent Anne an email at the end of September asking her a question about the assignment. I got a reply last week! :p

iwannarock

HSC
scarecrow_of_oz said:
i heard anne was a tough marker?
she's so cute though i was surprised to hear that
i don't think she's tough. last semester i didnt write a very good essay at all and it still managed a high credit.

this semester i have zada. she's like anne really. they both musta been such hippies back in the day. and zada said she doesnt fail people so......awesome. :cool:

iwannarock

HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
tough and cute eh?

the evilest lawyers of them all.... you feel you can trust them and before you have your back turned, they snap your neck like a twig and feed your servered head to their pet dog.. beware.
i don't think he meant that kind of cute. atleast i hope he didnt.

she's an old lady who obviously did way too much drugs at woodstock.

you can just see her wobbling about in the mud to hendrix wailing on guitar.

HSC
yeah i meant adorable cute - like u just want to give her a big hug
and i'm a chick
hehe for like the first 6 weeks i thought anne was zada - i'd forgotten her name and when i described what she was like to a friend they told me i had zada

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
You're a girl!? Oh wow, that is so totally against what I thought!

Its funny how you get things like that isnt it? These images of people in your mind.

I agree that Anne is cute in that "I want to pick you up and cuddle you because you're all old and small and wrinkly" kinda way. Like my grandmother.

We get our take home exam on the 11th of Nov... or is it due on the 11th of Nov? I cant remember, but there is an 11th of Nov in there somewhere. And we get our essays back next week :(

iwannarock

HSC
scarecrow_of_oz said:
yeah i meant adorable cute - like u just want to give her a big hug
and i'm a chick
hehe for like the first 6 weeks i thought anne was zada - i'd forgotten her name and when i described what she was like to a friend they told me i had zada
lol sorry thought u were a guy. shoulda known that a guy would never call anne cute lol :rolleyes: atleast not openly.

zada and anne are practically the same. like sisters i tell you they're so alike in they're teaching style and wackiness.

and zada has cool hair like nigel tufnel from spinal tap. :)

HSC
we get it on the 11th, its due on the 14th i think. there will be major readings crammage happening during that time - hope to see u both online then i like our little online law trio
i will have to make a concerted effort to be more girly online though it seems! i guess scarecrow was a guy in that movie. although a reasonably effeminate one.
for clarity's sake mj's a girl i know, iwannarock u're a guy yes? what do u look like? i'm a fairly pale aussie girl with blue/green eyes and brown hair. what did u guys picture me as? hehe this is funny. mj wat do u reckon iwannarock looks like? i pictured him as a guy with darkish skin, hair, eyes. kind of tall... ? not long hair, but not short either... ??

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I found out earlier this semester that IWR was in my contracts tute in first semester! There is a pic of him floating around on here somewhere. He has curly hair, darkish features... v. much a muso.

I dont know what I pictured you as... I just assumed you were a guy! Its like before I saw IWR's picture, I didnt really have an specific image in my head, other than he was a guy. I guess I picture the scarecrow from Wizard. :p

And only 4 days for the assignment? Holy crap I'll have to do it quick-sticks (I sound like my mother!). Anyone have any idea as to what its about?

HSC
tell me about it i haven't done any of the readings pretty much since assault so i'll be frantically trying to get those done on day one and two i think... could do them now but not gonna!
it's on a combination of drug law mixed with all that police and trial procedure stuff

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Ugh, what boring topics! Have we even learnt actual law for police thing apart from the Common law (which changes so often I cant keep up) and the Evidence Act or whatever its called.

My tutor doesnt tell us anything about the assessment: he wrote on the whiteboard "11 Nov: exam". Thats it. No other mention of it.

And do we have one or two more weeks of tutes left? Because my tutor said next week is the last week, but in the unit outline, we have tutes until week 13...

iwannarock

HSC
aren't either of you gonna comment on my nigel tufnel picture i posted. he has zada's hair exactly.

scarecrow you got my description pretty much down to a tee. except im not tall........im of average height. and now my hair would probably be classified as long. my pictures somewhere in a thread....although its not very recent.

still a pretty damn good guess of what i look like without ever having seen me. freaky.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Which one is nigel? (excuse the lack of knowledge). Mind you, they both have similar hair, just different colours. I wonder if Zada and Anne are related? My tutor is a barrister, and while he has some good arguments, I dont think I'd be able to take him seriously, he has the worst hair. Its like a mini Farrah Fawcett style with the blowdried look at the front framing his face.

http://www.famous-people-search.com/farrah_fawcett/farrah_fawcett_pictures/farrah_fawcett_001.jpg

... Maybe its a prerequisite for entering the crim law dept: need ugly hair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)