creative writing tips for English please help (1 Viewer)

stormii

HSC
Hi guys I’m doing English advanced. I have a creative and reflection in class exam soon. For mod C creative writing we did metamorphosis and I think spotty handed villainesses. Can someone please give me advice or tips on how I can prepare for my exam. I’m really bad at creative. How should I go about studying? Do I write an adaptable essay? I’m not good at putting ideas into sentences please helpppp. :(((

Also for the reflection what should I cover?

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Hi guys I’m doing English advanced. I have a creative and reflection in class exam soon. For mod C creative writing we did metamorphosis and I think spotty handed villainesses. Can someone please give me advice or tips on how I can prepare for my exam. I’m really bad at creative. How should I go about studying? Do I write an adaptable essay? I’m not good at putting ideas into sentences please helpppp. :(((

Also for the reflection what should I cover?
Wtf I just realised (again) there’s mod c prescribed texts
WE DIDNT even go through any of those so why is mod c in my trial exams ?!

Last edited:

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
R U SERIOUS

u didnt have to write a reflection for ur assessment??
No we did remember but that was my persuasive assessment and we only went through politics and the english language (persuasive) but that was for a couple of lessons in term 4 bruh.
we haven't gone through anything else even tho trials will haave either discursive/imaginative and possible a reflection

Vivienne.W

HSC
N/A
No we did remember but that was my persuasive assessment and we only went through politics and the english language (persuasive) but that was for a couple of lessons in term 4 bruh.
we haven't gone through anything else even tho trials will haave either discursive/imaginative and possible a reflection
You did persuasive for mod c? We only focused on discursive/ imaginative

Also I believe that for mod c, whatever writing you do, it's meant to be shaped or "influenced" by your prescribed texts (2 of them)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
You did persuasive for mod c? We only focused on discursive/ imaginative

Also I believe that for mod c, whatever writing you do, it's meant to be shaped or "influenced" by your prescribed texts (2 of them)
Exactly my point.. idk my teachers are pusing persasive so hard this year its weird
but for trials it'l be imaginative or discursive and we haven't even really done any of mod C which is strange cuz we r just kinda like revising now and won't have time to go through those probably.

Vivienne.W

HSC
N/A
Exactly my point.. idk my teachers are pusing persasive so hard this year its weird
but for trials it'l be imaginative or discursive and we haven't even really done any of mod C which is strange cuz we r just kinda like revising now and won't have time to go through those probably.
Maybe ask your teacher to dedicate some revision time for mod c, it's still a considerable chunk of paper 2, and includes two pieces of writing

carrotsss

HSC
damn my teacher pretty much told us to only focus on imaginative unless we really think we can do discursive/persuasive well because pretty much every year the markers complain that all the discursives suck

Vivienne.W

HSC
N/A
damn my teacher pretty much told us to only focus on imaginative unless we really think we can do discursive/persuasive well because pretty much every year the markers complain that all the discursives suck
they can tell us to write a specific form tho right? but im assuming that'd be "rare"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)