creative writing help (1 Viewer)

oksteph

HSC
If I do a story abut a Toy who is left @ on the shelves with noone purchasing him,
does that clearly show the idea of belonging/

Nightsarah

HSC
It depends how you go about it. Sure that is a story line with potential, but the toy should act as a metaphor for a greater purpose. Does the toy represent childhood not belonging, or a paticular person or culture that does not belong?
Have clear in your mind what the toy represents. And whatever have in that toy store, understand what the greater meaning behind it is.

The problem with non-human narrators (assuming it will be in first person) is that they often have a limited understanding of belonging, thus hard to express an insightful and sophisticated understanding of the concept.

Try writing it out as a stream of conscioussness and see where it takes you.

JesseMatheson

HSC
Oh shut up Nightsarah thats a load of BS
Yes a Toy would be a good idea to express belonging..thats what we call personification.

Just be careful to not sound like a ToyStory remake and focus on the the feelings that the Toy feels instead of what it sees around itself.
Make sure the character understands the difference between belonging and not belonging for example, express the Toys feelings of belonging BEFORE it was left on the shelf by itself.

sounds good :)

Nightsarah

HSC
Lol wtf. You obviously have no idea. What I said was feedback from teachers.
Tell me what you think is "BS" in my statement.
Don't be rude, it's not nice.

oksteph

HSC
oh thanks so, i should look into my character more, but I'm still having trouble on how to develop the story and how i can try and make it more to show not beloning and i know you've just told me how, but i dont understand it entirely.
i'm stressing cos im stupid

00iCon

HSC
just finished writing mine /kick feet up on table.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)