Creating Timetable (1 Viewer)

sullyman

HSC
That's weird. Poor you guys. It's not bad enough that its on a Saturday, they go and make it off campus.
Lol yeah its not very nice, but it is my fault for choosing this elective unit :mad1:

leannespeaks

HSC
hey guys..

how many tutorials are we required to go each week for one unit? one or two each week??
cause im confused about how many tutorials i am required to go per week in terms of my communication arts subjects

( the law units were fine....)

and oh this is my first plan for my timetable....hope it works ..but if it doesnt...then ...lets wait and see..

LeanneSpeaKS timetable
(very flawed atm and subject to change)

Monday

Penrith Campus:

Approaches to communication lecture: 9 am to 10am

Approaches to communication tutorial: 1 pm to 2: 30 pm

Tuesday:

Parramatta Campus:

Introduction to law seminar: 9 am to 12 noon

Intro to law tutorial: 4 pm to 6 pm

Wednesday:

Penrith Campus:

Writing as communication lecture: 12 noon to 3 pm

Writing as communication tutorial: 3: 30 to 5 pm

Thursday:

Parramatta Campus:

Intro to law tutorial: 9 to 11 am

Torts Law seminar: 2 pm to 5 pm

Friday:

Penrith Campus

Writing as communication tutorial: 1: 30 to 3 pm (??)

Approaches to communication tutorial: 10: 30 to 12 noon (??)

Legend:
? = means questionable

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
hey guys..

how many tutorials are we required to go each week for one unit? one or two each week??
cause im confused about how many tutorials i am required to go per week in terms of my communication arts subjects

( the law units were fine....)

and oh this is my first plan for my timetable....hope it works ..but if it doesnt...then ...lets wait and see..

LeanneSpeaKS timetable
(very flawed atm and subject to change)

Monday

Penrith Campus:

Approaches to communication lecture: 9 am to 10am

Approaches to communication tutorial: 1 pm to 2: 30 pm

Tuesday:

Parramatta Campus:

Introduction to law seminar: 9 am to 12 noon

Intro to law tutorial: 4 pm to 6 pm

Wednesday:

Penrith Campus:

Writing as communication lecture: 12 noon to 3 pm

Writing as communication tutorial: 3: 30 to 5 pm

Thursday:

Parramatta Campus:

Intro to law tutorial: 9 to 11 am

Torts Law seminar: 2 pm to 5 pm

Friday:

Penrith Campus

Writing as communication tutorial: 1: 30 to 3 pm (??)

Approaches to communication tutorial: 10: 30 to 12 noon (??)

Legend:
? = means questionable
"Please register for the lecture and ONE tutorial. "
You only have to register for ONE tutorial per week...
This is according to the timetable details for your communications units, as shown on the UWS timetabling website.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
hey ive got one question i just got an email saying to re enrol because o changed courses from BLaw/BBus somthing to BLaw/B Bus Com and it said to re enrol and i went through the whole processes again but they already had my information but when i went to the step to unit selections it says complete the madatory fields and i think i have done it all except the step after govt. statisitcs that also doesnt come up does anyone know whats happening lol?
Afaik.. that step shouldn't apply to you...
It's the "Commonwealth Assistance Form" but if you're an international student, you should just be skipping the step.
Bcoz you only "complete this form if you are a Commonwealth supported student and the booklet says that you have to complete this form."
You're international yeah? Or am I confusing you with someone else...

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I suggest you either call UWS on the student information line (1300 668 370) so they can verify your enrolment and check that you've correctly completed each step.
Do you have your TFN now? Because you'll need it so you can defer your HECS payment.

Otherwise, as you're going to the academic advisory session, you can visit the Student Office on campus then (i.e. on Monday) and get one of the staff there to double check your enrolment details for you [you can also get your student card at this time].

John0

HSC
Hey there - just wondering (a really stupid question I know) but do we have to register for lectures????
If there's two lectures for a specific unit listed on platform web scheduled at different times and places, yes i would register for a certain lecture. Otherwise dont bother, its abit impractical to do a roll call for 300+ students to check your in the right lecture and actually attending. Alot of the time you will see the lectures as "full" on platform web even if you have not registered. Even if they do manage to pack out a lecture room for the first week, the lecturers know that attendance drops sharply in the following weeks anyway.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC

LoneSpike

HSC
N/A
I have a question.. are we supposed to do your lectures before doing your tutorials?? or it really doesn't matter. but i thought the tutorials goes through what you learn in the lectures...so it doesn't make sense to do your tutorials if you haven't done the lecture???? ><"

just want to confirm as i want to cram my timetable to 1-2 days instead of spreading it out across the weekdays. and i need to do my tutorials before my lectures in this case...

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
^ No, you can schedule a tutorial before a lecture, though tutes after lectures have the advantage of being able to discuss content raised in a lecture, and tutes before lectures will expect you to have done your set readings to be able to discuss something.

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
I think I'm bloody finally starting to understand this. So you only need to register for one Tutorial and it also registers the lecture I guess.

So for your Key Program, you just go to the platform page and punch in the codes when available. Are the tutorials for both Autumn and Spring?

Thanks for your help guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)