Covers that you like better than (or as much as) the originals... (1 Viewer)

Lothy

HSC
Poker Face - Daughtry (Lady Gaga)

Ayo Technology - Milow (50 Cent + Justin Timberlake)

boganxcore

HSC
Charlotte Gainsbourg- Just Like a Woman, originally by Bob Dylan
yea yeah i really really love this song, both versions are really awesome though

and yeah jimi's version of all along the watchtower is better than bob dylan's i think

boganxcore

HSC
Superstar-Sonic Youth (Originally The Carpenters) absolutely amazing, if you never heard it download it, It has a really edgy eerie feel to it, Alot more different than Karen Carpenters voice.
yea i agree that shi is off the hook

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Bob Dylan is a brilliant song writer. Unfortunately, most people release better versions of his songs than he does.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I Love PUSA.
Heatbeats - Jose Gonzalez (originally by Knife)
My breath has quickened. He did a cover of Heartbeats? Oh i love that song so much.

His cover of Teardrop by Massive Attack is also very very good. The first time I heard it was on Qantas radio flying into Sydney through the clouds after spending 35+ sleepless hours on planes/in airports and i almost cried...

Also, someone did the most amazing cover of Milkshake by Kelis which I used to have on CD but i've lost it! Can anyone remember the name of the band?

Hey does anyone know the name of that happy song that goes "you drive me crazy with that boogie woogie oogie oogie oogie oogie, you drive me crazy with that boogie, woogie...your lips are hot n spicy...you're knockin' me out wit ur voodoo" etc??

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
My breath has quickened. He did a cover of Heartbeats? Oh i love that song so much.

His cover of Teardrop by Massive Attack is also very very good.
Heartbeats was the first song I heard by him. It's amazing. Teardrops is great as well.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Hey does anyone know the name of that happy song that goes "you drive me crazy with that boogie woogie oogie oogie oogie oogie, you drive me crazy with that boogie, woogie...your lips are hot n spicy...you're knockin' me out wit ur voodoo" etc??
I think it's:

Ween - Voodoo Lady

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
yea yeah i really really love this song, both versions are really awesome though

and yeah jimi's version of all along the watchtower is better than bob dylan's i think
there's something ironic about a woman singing that song. and jimi's is definitely better, crazy guitar solos over harmonica ones any day

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Unless they're crazy harmonica solos. Those things can go off. :D

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
MAYBE The Kills- Venus in Furs, originally by Velvet Underground

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
ween - lmlyp

definitely the best cover of a prince song that prince didn't actually write

susstorm

HSC
Passenger - 'Umbrella' (Rihanna)
Rogue Wave - 'Maps' (Yeah yeah yeahs)

and i agree with Jose Gonzalez's cover of Heartbeats

:fish:

HSC
Bob Dylan is a brilliant song writer. Unfortunately, most people release better versions of his songs than he does.
Haha, so agreed.

I find it amusing that so many people have said they like covers of his songs better than his own versions.

Also, I think James Blunt did a really good version of 'Wild World'. I like Cat Stevens' version as much, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)