Course transfer outlook (1 Viewer)

aliasfan

HSC
What are the transfering chances like for the Law combined degree? Do they usually accept many people transfering from other courses? Also for applying through UAC, do they consider my 2005 UAI, or my University GPA; whichever one is higher? Are there any other ways to try and obtain a place? References and the such?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Into UWS law, they don't consider your UAI and ask for an above credit average I believe. There were many transfer students in my class so I wouldn't say its too difficult. Good luck :)

aliasfan

HSC
awww melsc, your doing the course i wanna do! how was first year? which is better, the law part or criminology part?

HSC
I think the credit average thing has been abolished.

I'm not sure how they judge people though.

I've done the criminology component and it's anoying!

But then again, i don't know if arts would be much better for a person doing the combined degree.

dude01

HSC
I transferred into bus/law after one semester of doing business. They only used my GPA. But yeh...I also read somewhere that the internal transfer using your GPA only isn't going to be used anymore after this year. Therefore applications will be through uac using half GPA/UAI, which will probabaly make it harder to transfer.

Good luck with your transfer! Like melsc said, there are heaps of other transfer students in law, so I don't think it's too hard.

aliasfan

HSC
thanks guys for your responses, i feel a bit better now. i just hope my GPA is good enough. i really dont want to continue my current course next year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)