Could I get into medicine with these subjects? (1 Viewer)

IfYouNeedLove

HSC
I know it's only prelim, and I know that nearly every thread is about this, but I was wondering if I could get above 99 with these subjects:

- Advanced Mathematics
- Advanced English
- Biology
- Chemistry
- Physics
- IPT
- Studies of Religion.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes if you work hard. Remember that ATAR isn't the only requirement; you have UMAT and an interview as well

IfYouNeedLove

HSC
Yeah, It's gonna be a challenge. The only subject i'm having a little bit of trouble with is Physics, and I know I can't drop it if I want to do well.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
yes of course it is possible.
you can get 99.95 with any subject combination

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC
Chemistry (highly recommended)
Advanced English or higher (highly recommended)
Advanced Mathematics or higher(recommended)

Soo you're fine :)

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
I had a friend who got in with similar subjects. Just work hard, and work smart.

Gigacube

HSC
For me IPT is amazingly easy. (90% of the stuff I am doing atm is from IST in year 10 last year). And the teacher is awesome.
That's great! You should do fine in all your subjects. Just watch out for IPT because it is the lowest scaling subject but if you get 90+ you should do fine! The IPT HSC course is much more interesting than prelim.

DARA92

HSC
N/A
I know it's only prelim, and I know that nearly every thread is about this, but I was wondering if I could get above 99 with these subjects:

- Advanced Mathematics
- Advanced English
- Biology
- Chemistry
- Physics
- IPT
- Studies of Religion.
I am sure you can. BTW, what is Advanced Maths? You better drop it as there isn't such a subject for HSC. Can't find this subject in the list of Board of Studies.

YaMiTe

HSC
I am sure you can. BTW, what is Advanced Maths? You better drop it as there isn't such a subject for HSC. Can't find this subject in the list of Board of Studies.
I really can't tell if your being sarcastic or not.
Advanced Maths is another name for 2 unit mathematics.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
would it be possible to get into medicine with standard english?
YES YES YES

I really don't get these ignorant questions. It's possible to get any atar with any combination of subjects!! Standard scales the same as advanced!

DARA92

HSC
N/A
I really can't tell if your being sarcastic or not.
Advanced Maths is another name for 2 unit mathematics.
Not sarcastic, I am sure. Just can't find Advanced Maths in the SOB list of HSC subjects.
Why not call it 2-unit maths to avoid confusion. Advanced Maths sounds cool, I Know.
Just as a matter of interest, is ther another name for 4-unit Maths? Supreme Maths, may be......Super Maths...........

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Not sarcastic, I am sure. Just can't find Advanced Maths in the SOB list of HSC subjects.
Why not call it 2-unit maths to avoid confusion. Advanced Maths sounds cool, I Know.
Just as a matter of interest, is ther another name for 4-unit Maths? Supreme Maths, may be......Super Maths...........
Ever heard of Extension 2 Maths?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)