Contruction near E7B (1 Viewer)

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
What exactly are they doing in that section? bleh!

HSC
N/A
Making it look like the W6A courtyard. Tables, lights, electrical outlet thingos... not bad, not bad.

havy

HSC
sounds like it'll take one yr to complete, isn't that a bit too long? i wonder if there's any corruption involved with this construction task...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
first stage is stated as being done by Open Day

HSC
N/A
Is that this year, or next year :p

Macquarie is notoriously tardy when it comes to construction deadlines.

K.

HSC
They killed the fountain :(. I never even got to see it work.

What are they doing in C5C? I had a lecture there last friday and the drilling was constant, wouldnt stop, we couldnt hear the lecturer. Some old man chucked a whiney and said he couldnt hear and that this was stupid. So the lecturer said he can end the lecture and we can all leave, or sit through the drilling and just watch him scream and write things on the board. Suprisingly most people stayed, but still.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The first stage is supposed to be done by august, so that gives them a month lee-way

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
K. said:

What are they doing in C5C? I had a lecture there last friday and the drilling was constant, wouldnt stop, we couldnt hear the lecturer. Some old man chucked a whiney and said he couldnt hear and that this was stupid. So the lecturer said he can end the lecture and we can all leave, or sit through the drilling and just watch him scream and write things on the board. Suprisingly most people stayed, but still.
Sounds strangely similar to my lecture. We weren't given the option to leave though :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
It matches the buildings, and don't we all love the colour of the buildings :S

HSC
N/A
K. said:

The fountain was gone before I came to mq.

According to a friend of mine, they used to call it the "Blue Fountain" because people kept stealing that blue cleaning stuff from toilets and putting it into the fountain to make it blue ;) The mq staff must have got sick of it though, and turned the fountain off to prevent further blue-ing :(

X

xeuyrawp

Luke! said:
I don't like it. Too much grey. Too much paving. They should've turned it into a big garden or something.
I suppose it's difficult with a reasonably thick tree canopy overhead. You'd think that they could plant a few little bushes/trees there, though, considering that the grass grows well in the holidays when students aren't treading all over it.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
AHHHH my eyes are attacked by dust !!
I liked the trees and grass =( it didn't make the crap concrete buildings look so dull.

ALLLICE

HSC
glitterfairy said:
oh, but think of it this way! We'll have more places to sit! :D
True...the SAM building gets packed in peak times so extra seats will be great and I think the area will look better overall compared to the dust patch beforehand. We might as well face that the grass isn't really a feasible option since it gets destroyed so easily. Astroturf anyone?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Replace it with streams of alcohol I say.

CieL

HSC
glitterfairy said:
oh, but think of it this way! We'll have more places to sit! :D
I'd worry about birds crapping on me from above..

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
CieL said:
I'd worry about birds crapping on me from above..
OMFG i was sitting under the trees infront of maq theatre near the lib, and a kookaburra out of NO WHERE swooped in and takes my whole sandwhich and then ate it right in front of me. major wtf!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Whenever I see your name, I always want to burst into the ABBA song...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)