Controversial: Teen Mum (1 Viewer)

shravan_872

HSC
Uni Grad
http://au.news.yahoo.com/today-tonight/latest/article/-/14549317/teen-mum/

She was barely out of school when she fell pregnant and now at 14, Caitlin is a mum.

It's not the best of starts but Caitlin claims she's ready for the challenges ahead.

What she wasn't ready for was the torrent of criticism when she posted her story online as a warning to other teenage girls.

See video in link
I wondering how everybody feels about people like the one in the link above ^.

Last edited by a moderator:

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Re: COntroversial

Too young to look after a child.

Thief

!!
HSC
Re: COntroversial

Wow, that's very unfortunate. Not a good idea to be having sex so young, but if she had at least being using contraception..

Thief

!!
HSC
how f*cked up do you have to be to get pregnant at 13!?
Well when you're young you might not be as well educated about sex/everyone makes mistakes and the wrong decisions every once in a while.

jnney

lemon
HSC
There are a lot of teen mums out there, and 13 was certainly young. I do agree with her that it is unfair to judge people just from a 1/2/10 minute video. It must be extremely difficult for all of them, but there are some who do get through, and I think their perseverance is amazing.

unLimitieDx

HSC
"catholic schools dedicated to young mums" that's a first for me
Any other out of the world schools i should know?

Unikwa

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
When I was 22 I was married and trying for a child (I have problems in that department). The young girl next door (15) and her boyfriend (14) fell pregnant. She used to strut up and down the street proud as a peacock until the little girl was born. The baby had a severe cleft lip/palate which prevented her from feeding until she was fitted with a prosthetic. Then it was found that she had no sphincter muscle to prevent the milk from coming back up. Needless to say she was one extremely sick kid.

The child's mother and boyfriend couldn't cope and it was left up to the grandmother (a single mother herself) to raise the child and run her business etc.

I guess what I am trying to say is that children shouldn't be having children

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)