Contempt For The Willfully Uneducated (1 Viewer)

eja2000

HSC
Recently I've had a lot of experiences with people who I know from years ago in highschool, most of whom had no interest in school and dropped out as soon as they could, most not doing anything with their lives and a few becoming tradespeople.

Now, perhaps it's just people from my high school, but I generally find these willfully uneducated to generally be lacking in personality and to have little interest in the world around them. Not just that, but they tend to resort to violence to solve many of their problems and have quite jarring personalities.

I have quite a bit of contempt for them.

I don't mean to sound pompous here or anything, but I'm legitimately wondering..Does anyone have contempt for/dislike the people they knew in high school that dropped out early, or is my cohort just unusually unlikeable?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Yes. Most of those who dropped out early didn't do much, if anything.

enoilgam

HSC
Not really - one of my best mates dropped out in year 10. He was a smart guy but he hated school with a passion. He hardly ever showed up and a lot of people used to give him shit for being a bum and stuff. When he left, most thought he would quickly end up on the dole. Having known him for a while, I told people that he wouldnt end up on the dole. He was the kind of guy where, if he enjoyed what he was doing, he would work hard at it. Anyway, given his passion for cars he went into mechanics. He ended up going to TAFE and getting a top apprenticeship with a major Australian dealership (beat out 300 applicants for it). To this day, he has only missed a handful of days work and he is doing pretty well for himself. I still remind everyone from my old high school of this story because I was pretty much the only one who thought he would do well for himself.

Obviously that is an isolated case and many dropouts dont do well for themselves at all. But I dont automatically lose respect for a person because they drop out. Not everyone can be a uni educated professional and truth be told quite a few people dont want to go to uni anyway.

Last edited:

halapenyo

HSC

theres your problem.

eshay lad 69

HSC
N/A
Well if that is your main focus, i'm sorry but youre a loser. How can you even think like this? Seriously, when I was youre age I had girls all over me. As time passes you begin to see life from a different angle. You look at women from a different perspective and you begin to appreciate the smaller things. You dont laugh when someone misses the bus, or when someone burns their toast. You become somewhat depressed, because you miss the days where you could do whatever you want, whenever you want. Anyways, i dont want to scare you, as you get older you will learn from this experience, and you will start to appreciate what i am telling you. Good luck in life, my friend, and keep it mind what i have told you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)