Conflicting Perspectives -Justice Game+Related Texts (1 Viewer)

eddiebra

HSC
Hey guys.

Having a bit of trouble understanding and grasping the Conflicting Perspectives Module.

I am studying the Justice Game, and have to study the following chapters.

Micheal X
Diana in the Docks
Show Trials
Afterword
The Trials of Oz

I am under the impression we require 2 related texts?

I am currently using an article on facebook privacy and a controversial cartoon about racism in Indian society within Australia.

Do you believe these are good texts for this module? I have written notes and analysed them thoroughly with the help of techniques discovered on BOS.

Any help with this would be much appreciated. If you want to email me you can reach me on cranswick1@bigpond.com

Cheers

Eddie

AmieLea

HSC
hardly anyone does "the justice game"...

our teacher said that we should have 3 related texts, just in case the question is hard and our other related texts mightn't work for the question.

obviously, the facebook privacy article is for 'Diana in the Docks', is the cartoon for Show trials or the trials of oz?

as a hint, i would also read the chapter at the start (i cant remember what it's called haha) as it has quite a few quotes on why Robertson wrote the text.

another hint- do not call the justice game a NOVEL! most of our class got marked down in an assignment for that :uhoh: oops

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
You should have 3 related texts as that is the maximum number of texts they can have you, but at the very least you must have two. They usually don't ask you for anymore than 2 related texts though as otherwise you will not be able to analyse your texts in enough depth.

Any text is a good text so long as you are able to analyse it properly and can use your analysis to back up your thesis. Remember, you should link the texts through your thesis - which can be used to both liken and contrast texts :)

hardly anyone does "the justice game"...
Actually, quite a lot of people do "The Justice Game"

smac48

HSC
What cartoon are you using? I'm having a LOT of trouble finding related texts of The Justice Game..

mirakon

nigga
HSC
What cartoon are you using? I'm having a LOT of trouble finding related texts of The Justice Game..
common choices are

1. newspaper opinion pieces
2. Documentaries
3. Feature articles in magazines

asdfqwerty

HSC
tbh i would recommend just 2. if u look at the hsc past quesfions theyll ask u for 1 or 'at least 1'. the most they will ask is two. and im doing justice game as well so yeh.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I don't think I've ever come across them asking for more than 2 related texts for Justice Game tbh. I think 2 would be sufficient

mark120

HSC
I'm doing Manipulative Language, and using the movie Thank You For Smoking...

pyjama27

HSC
@mark120 I just watched the trailer for it... can u please suggest some quotes you used from the movie?
Did you watch the entire movie to get all your quotes?

Thank you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)