Confess. How many pages did you write. (1 Viewer)

sub

prolly the ppl that do 20+ pages write like 2 words a line...?
i get about 5, and i only got 12 for each. i honestly ran out of stuff to say in the second essay, and it wasnt worth going back and scratching my conclusion and continuing for the remaining 5 minutes...

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
exchange rate essay: 14 + pages..cant remember
macro policy essay: 10 pages

i have wide, loopy writing..

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
12 pages for the effects of globalisation
2 pages for monetary policy, then 6 pages worth of a story about how i went to the beach, saw some pandas playing volleyball, and hate economics.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
8 for exchange rates
6 for macro policy

7-8 avg wrds per line ...

i fuked up eco omg ... lol
my power suply fuked up yday on my comp, so i studied from my book, i also have ear infection and throat infection and the cold waaaaaaa omg timing is fuked ... anyway i suck

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
OK I'm also speaking on Derek's behalf. Those people who say (20 pgs WTF?) can be amazed if they so desire, but have no idea about quality vs quantity. The fact is, markers ARE influecned by quantity, they DO tend to give higher marks to more pages and if you have large, neat handwriting, they will only be fooled into thinking you have written more content.

Markers dont waste time tossing up how much someone has written based on handwriting size, wpl - they just mark the damn thing.

Also, chances are people who write that much are much better candidates:

A. They have taken the marker's opinion of them into consideration and this strategic gesture implies they are concerned with their marks.

B. They have probably finished MC and short answer more quickly because they know what they are talking about and so have up to about 1 hr 20 min on each essay. (this is not necessarily true as when pushed for time - english 40 mins - they can still do it)

C. They probably have a myriad of stats, relevant material at their disposal and since they are more prepared, they will not stop wriitng the whole exam and get more out.

Conclusively, anyone who questions the quality of a long answer is going to get CAINED!

espo14

Banned
I'm not saying 'What the fuck' as in 'why would you do it', its more along the lines of 'how the fuck did you write that much?' I couldn't have written 42 pages if i was given another hour. I can't even think of that much to write on the questions.

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
ok well i'll give you an idea each of mine for english/eco usually around 16 are about 3 typed pgs size 12 single spacing TNR

espo14

Banned
Ahhh.. three typed pages for me is like 12/13 booklet pages. 3 typed pages for english hey? So you can right in excess of like 1600 words in 40 mins?
That's like 40 words a minute consistently.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Not saying I'm a high flyer by any means....

8 pages (exchange rates) - I put my hand up ready for another booklet and I discovered I actually had another page left.....damn :p

8 pages (globalisation...I was pissed off that they put policies in the same section though...I'd have loved to do both topics)

I actually think I performed well here, cause I always lose marks in MC and I bullshitted in the short answers :p

Conspirocy

HSC
yeah i did 15 for 26 with one diagram
and 16 for 27 with one diagram so yeah
i only write like 7 words a line but ppl at my school got into third booklets i was like :(

Teleph

Look mum i'm a Starrrr
HSC
8 for question 26 (had time but ran out things to say lol)
12 for question 27

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I wrote just over 8 for 25 and just under 8 for 28.

I get about 9-10 words per line and used no diagrams, I'm not used to incorporating them into essay structure besides mine would be messy and take longer than writing it.

What people are suggesting is that 22 pages in a hour or so requires substantially lower words per line which is obvious and/or more diagrams.

skypryn, an hour and twenty minutes per essay?? Multiple choice and short answer both completed in 20 minutes total. Either people are doing the MC in reading time and commiting it to memory, they are absolute geniuses and speed deamons or they just threw away a fair ammount of marks. 60% of the marks are in MC and SA, if you get 40/40 for essays but only get 30/60 or 40/60 for MC,SA then you just scored RSI and 70-80.

I completed MC, SA with 2 hours to go which i split roughly 50/50 for the essays.

derek :p

i never said i wrote a lot... i have like 6-8 words per line...
like skypryn said... i had over 2 hours for the two essays... so took my time and just wrote a lot... plus i bs a lot generally in exams...

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
addymac said:
skypryn, an hour and twenty minutes per essay?? Multiple choice and short answer both completed in 20 minutes total. Either people are doing the MC in reading time and commiting it to memory, they are absolute geniuses and speed deamons or they just threw away a fair ammount of marks. 60% of the marks are in MC and SA, if you get 40/40 for essays but only get 30/60 or 40/60 for MC,SA then you just scored RSI and 70-80.

I completed MC, SA with 2 hours to go which i split roughly 50/50 for the essays.
Ok maybe not 1 hr 20. but i assure you i dont throw away marks in short answer. BTW i got 20/20 in MC.

also, refer to above post ^ CAINED!

cchen

if you have looked at exemplars in the standards package, note that most of them are 8-11 pages

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
CAD/external stability - 9 pages
Globalisation - 7.5 pages

altho my writing was tiny cos in the short answer i wrote REALLY REALLY small to fit in lots in the tiny space provided, so it kind of carried into my essays.. oh well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)