Conclusion (1 Viewer)

Smartindian

HSC
I recently had my half yearlies. The question was 'how important was the Great Depression for the collapse of the Weimar Republic? ( didn't write the question properly) I started with that the Great Depression had the greatest impact to the downfall of the republic....then I supported it through body, but I didn't not get to do proper conclusion because I didn't get enough time, and I wrote- with the enabling act, it meant the end of the republic.

Would I loose too many marks.

deloving

HSC
"With the enablinc at, it meant the end of the republic." - is that your 'conclusion' or is that how you ended your last paragraph?

If you don't have a conclusion you're pretty much destined to lose some marks, even if you have an amazing essay. How many it depends on how good your essay is and on the marker. Your conclusion can be 2 sentences - as long as it neatly sums up your main points and reinforces your thesis, it's good enough.

Smartindian

HSC
Well it reinforces the demise of the republic-- I think.Also, I think I wrote one or two dates wrong, would I lose too many marks for that.

enoilgam

HSC
I used to think that a conclusion could be cut out of an essay if you ran out of time. However, my teacher (who was a HSC marker), stated that the essay was incomplete without it and you will lose marks without one. So definitely include it - even if you have to shorten your body paragraphs.

History 101

HSC
Your conclusion is extremely important because it sums up your entire essay and gives you the opportunity to state whether you believe the Great Depression was in fact one of the most important reasons for the downfall of Weimar. However you should not bring in any new information such as the Enabling Act. So you will be penalised for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)