Concert Review Thread (1 Viewer)

ASHK

germaphobe.
HSC
Re: Official Concert Review Thread

METRO STATION 2008

Was the experience really as good as you expected?
it was ay better thani expected, i was thinking it was gonna be tiny crowd, lame support band etc. but omfg, was i proved wrong. they were god damn freakin awesome. btw, trace is hotter in perosn! haha.
What was the playlist like?
they played all their songs from their album plus one i havent heard before. shake it when off like a house on fire, the atmosphere was electric.
The crowd demeanor?
the crowd came in the thousands, and was pumping in the pit. loved it.
The band/singers energy?
trace was jumping around like a mad man, he threw his guitar off stage and got the crowd going every second he could. :lol:
The venue?
University NSW roundhouse.

oliver.scotting

HSC

i saw UNDEROATH early this month at the UNSW roundhouse

yes, the concert was just so awesome and energetic
What was the playlist like?
great range of songs from their three albums. including heaps of the new stuff and the great old stuff. there was only one song i wanted to see that i didnt get to
The crowd demeanor?
the crowd was energetic providing a great mosh. the hardcore pit closed up and the mosh took over that space making it huge. everyone was just there for the music and the fun. there were no fights or trouble makers. just a great crowd
The band/singers energy?

one word = awesome =D
The venue?
venue was good. a little crowded but still superb

Would you go see said band/singer again, why? why not?
hell yes. because it was such a great show and they're a great band

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC

SIMPLE PLAN

No, it was heaps better.. I bought tickets on implulse when they were release and almost talked myself out of going, but they were fucking awesome, absolutely blew me away with how well they worked as a group and their stage perfmorance/ability.

Playlist

Again, fantastic they played some of their new ones and some old ones (did play save me which they did really well) Jump was good being used at the start as everyone got involved. They also did some of some other artist's songs which was hilarious (flo rider, i kissed a girl, etc)

The crowd demeanor?

One minus that sorta was a plus, it was all ages so there was a huge line up when doors opened and we watched from the pub accross the road, free entertainment from the trampy 15 year olds and this 15-16 year old chick who was drunk at 8pm and fell over 3 times in huge heels.

The band/singers energy?

Incredible, the lead singer was running around non stop and even managed to run from the stage to the stage manager's spot (they turned the lights off for a few seconds) and he was still good after running a hundred metres with people trying to grope him. (groupies who aren't legal, talk about disappointing.)

The venue?

Horden, was great, cool area to wait in before we went in and after when waiting for cabs, good size for the crowd (still room up the back behind all the teenieboppers)

kirbflare

HSC

ohh im going simple plan tomorrow night... mainly for the getaway plan because i only know 2 simple plan songs. so yeah my friend shouted me, im not going to not go *shrug*

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC

kirbflare said:
ohh im going simple plan tomorrow night... mainly for the getaway plan because i only know 2 simple plan songs. so yeah my friend shouted me, im not going to not go *shrug*
getaway plan were actually pretty good. you will know definately know and like more songs after you see them. Wacth out for the austranadians reference...

kirbflare

HSC

uhh yeah so i found short stack close to outshining simple plan... but still simple plan were ok, the austranadian references got cringeworthy at times.. my friend managed to grab a towel but two bitches outta nowhere snatched it off him. went with 2 other guyes, we;re all 18 so probably not the right crowd, everyone was like a 10 year old girl.

but still... i recognised addicted :D also untitled. that was basically it. tgp fairly average i thought (knew all the songs they played a least)... haircut long overdue though.

but still, exceeded expectations and well worth the 60 for general. great venue though, glad it wasnt at rod laver or something, but we almost missed the last train home (festival hall)

tahls--

HSC

I would of only gone to that concert to see The Getaway Plan & Short Stack probably.

TGP fairly average? Weird, everytime I've seen them live they have been amazing. Those guys have been a touring machine this year.

I'm quite interested to see Short Stack though, see what kind of show they put on.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC

The Hives @ Metro Theatre Jan 6th

now stands as the BEST gig I have EVER been to. They are mind-blowing live, absolutely fucking mind-blowing. Pelle Almqvist is a GOD, seriously most charismatic person in the world.

that is all.

Last edited:

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC

hiphophooray123 said:
The Hives @ Metro Theatre Jan 7th

now stands as the BEST gig I have EVER been to. They are mind-blowing live, absolutely fucking mind-blowing. Pelle Almqvist is a GOD, seriously most charismatic person in the world.

that is all.
OMGD they were fucking amazing.
I agree, the best I have ever seen

johony

HSC

crystal castles had waayyyyyy too many teenyboppers and annoying types. otherwise the actual band itself was okay, alice glass was fucking hilarious with her screaming and shit

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC

crystal castles had waayyyyyy too many teenyboppers and annoying types.

qft. srsly how many times did all those underage girls want to fall over before they moved to the side.

tinfoilhat

HSC

The Hives @ Metro Theatre Jan 6th

that is all.
repreprep, agreed 10000%

pelle, seriously, what a sexy, sexy man
i would sell my first born child for him

johony

HSC

qft. srsly how many times did all those underage girls want to fall over before they moved to the side.
i swear all the teenyboppers in the front line of the moshpit passed out halfway during the set.

oh also, 40 minute set. shithouse. but my ears couldn't stand anymore of that insanely ott bass.

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC

i swear all the teenyboppers in the front line of the moshpit passed out halfway during the set.

oh also, 40 minute set. shithouse. but my ears couldn't stand anymore of that insanely ott bass.
it may have been short but nooooooo way i would have wanted it to go any longer; when i got outside i froze to death because i was covered in sweat, haha.

pretty fun overall though. my (azn) friend and i went azn spotting, we saw like 7

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC

yehhh crystal castles gig was awesome but the crowd was just one big shove-fest. i thought 'fuck it' and just jumped around everywhere.

alice glass is so adorable, i want her. i loved her crowd surfing she was screaming right in my face (when i was raping her)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC

but her nonsensical screaming and jumping around is so cute. but yes, she is alot better when she's not looking like a total goth like she did that night

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC

Fallout Boy @ Acer

Fantastic band, great live show by FOB, All American Rejects.... I can see why they're rejects. Hey Monday chick was hot but wasn't inside to hear them properly.

Overall fallout boy were great when they were singing, pete's rants were a bit shit. Oh and so everyone hates me, I bought tickets 3 hours before online and was in the best front row seats (DD) stage left (door 10 side).. yeah no idea how that happened. (We did have this roughly 45 year old guy who was probably an undercover cop in between our group though?!?)

Took huge amounts of photos on my phone, only downsides having to drive back home after the show and work today (no sleep, ears still ringing almost 12 hours later), and my souvenier key ring is broken already!

six demon bag

HSC

uhh yeah so i found short stack close to outshining simple plan... but still simple plan were ok, the austranadian references got cringeworthy at times.. my friend managed to grab a towel but two bitches outta nowhere snatched it off him. went with 2 other guyes, we;re all 18 so probably not the right crowd, everyone was like a 10 year old girl.

but still... i recognised addicted :D also untitled. that was basically it. tgp fairly average i thought (knew all the songs they played a least)... haircut long overdue though.

but still, exceeded expectations and well worth the 60 for general. great venue though, glad it wasnt at rod laver or something, but we almost missed the last train home (festival hall)
bahha one of my best friend's brother and step brother are in short stack. i don't like the band very much.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad

Fallout Boy @ Acer

Fantastic band, great live show by FOB, All American Rejects.... I can see why they're rejects. Hey Monday chick was hot but wasn't inside to hear them properly.

Overall fallout boy were great when they were singing, pete's rants were a bit shit. Oh and so everyone hates me, I bought tickets 3 hours before online and was in the best front row seats (DD) stage left (door 10 side).. yeah no idea how that happened. (We did have this roughly 45 year old guy who was probably an undercover cop in between our group though?!?)

Took huge amounts of photos on my phone, only downsides having to drive back home after the show and work today (no sleep, ears still ringing almost 12 hours later), and my souvenier key ring is broken already!
I went to the same concert when it was up in Brisbane.

I thought AAR were fucking amazing, though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)