Comprehensive list of medical interview questions (all unis) here! (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
My cousin didn't even get a steth for two years, I don't know what he has now.

It is pretty sad hearing about all the students with their Cardiology Masters though, especially since they're not even allowed to touch anyone until third year. :p

Keen

MD
HSC
Umn, I think some of the Litman Classics we're talking about cost about $180-$200. I've currently got a Spirit Classic (which from my experience is pretty good and is very comparable with the Litman) which I think is about $130.
But being me I've already lost it :D
But I think I know where it can be found next year.
But I think if I can keep a hold of this one until about 5th-6th year then I'll get a Litman Cardio (not the master - they're only about an extra $100-$150 I think) but yeah must be me going deaf I think my spirits dying on me :D

Keen

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
honestly.. id beat lexi if i saw him at hospital with a cardiology master...:D
its a guarantee..
in OZ unis most start wit steths from yr 1.. ..

i think my funky dark blue one will last me a while ..

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Lexicographer said:
It is pretty sad hearing about all the students with their Cardiology Masters though, especially since they're not even allowed to touch anyone until third year. :p
Not true; we've learnt how to do respiratory and cardio physical examinations. We have examined patients and listened to aortic/mitral regurgitations etc etc.

Ever tried lifting an old woman's sagging tit(s) and holding a stethoscope under it to listen to pansystolic murmurs? Neither have I, but some of my classmates have done that already.

Last edited:

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Skywalker said:
Ever tried lifting an old woman's sagging tit(s) and holding a stethoscope under it to listen to pansystolic murmurs? Neither have I, but some of my classmates have done that already.
wait a minute.. who told u i had to do tat :|
it was my clinical skills exam.. first time i had to do a cardiac on a female.. :(

inasero

Reborn
HSC
hence the smiley face? i thought differently of you alvin my dear friend!

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
wrx said:
litmann classics....they gave those away as prizes at amsa a couple of yrs back. my sister never uses it, theyre crap arent they?
well fairly remedial..
but then hey.. if u dun hav a clue bout murmur types i could give u a cardiology master to do a cardiac exam with and ud still hav no clue.. its usefulness would only exceed having a parrot on ure shoulder whispering the answers to u.. ...(think: lexi doing ure cardiac exam.. pointless) :D

yer prolly give them out at AMSA.. but hey a free steth is a free steth.. no complaints.. :)
altho .. my ears get a lil sore some times..

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Hehe yeah I'd be useless.

I use my steths for computers and other machines actually. Listening to mechanisms (media drives in computers) for possible irregularities or obstructions. They're very useful.

Also, the only way to get a significant amount of noise out of a PowerMac G5 is with a stethoscope.

Keen

MD
HSC
There's really not that much difference between the stetescopes a bit above the mid $100 mark until you go big time. It is buying a brand name to some degree and stethescopes don't have 'secret ingredients' that only Litman knows.

Keen

Keen

MD
HSC
Yeah, something like plastic tubing, diaphragm, spare one just in case, ear pieces, useless hard ear pieces for I don't know what, bit of metal for some shine and someone silly enough to buy it.

Keen

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I need a longer tube actually. Mine are both too short (as are my mother and aunt, who used them before me).

Keen

MD
HSC
Lexicographer said:
I need a longer tube actually. Mine are both too short (as are my mother and aunt, who used them before me).
Your tubings too short?
You better watch it, alvin will be around sound.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Keen said:
Your tubings too short?
You better watch it, alvin will be around sound.
haha nah he came over to my house and i pointed that out already :D
he was lacking in tubeness..

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Well, I've known it for several years, but since you deigned to confirm my humble conclusions :p

Alvin I forgot to ask, where exactly did you come up with your +Po1ntDeXt3r+ ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)