• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Completing applications for Scholarships, med entry, etc (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
WRX: The Duke of Ed and Scouts stuff is excellent, in fact I'd say it's much better than the usual retail stuff (as long as you express your ideas and experiences the right way). Just make sure you're doing this stuff for its own sake, not for the sake of Medicine interviews.

Crikket: I'm already at uni but I'm applying for Medicine, hence the irony in being a moderator for the Medicine Entry section. :p Anyway if they ask about my stuff, then my web admin roles will certainly be mentioned (BoS isn't my only home you know).

The Red Cross stuff is very good. Certainly it'd be even better if it were long term, since you'd have a greater bank of experiences etc, but a month is plenty. Never be ashamed of what you do in comparison to others, because the selection committees don't care about comparisons - they want to see how what you have done has influenced you as a person. Simply doling out meals in a soup kitchen to povs every week can have a greater effect on a person than riding shotgun with paramedics. It's all about the individual. Just talk about why you do what you do and how it has changed you (ugh HSC English) - you'll be fine. :)

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
that red cross stuff sounds great! really, a month of volunteering, thats more than most ppl do, and the red cross is a reputable charity too, i think def put it, and emphasise it too, coz it sounds great!

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Lexicographer : Well i started when i was like 12, so med wasnt on my mind :) Duke of ed is awesome though, i want to keep going til i get gold....You can still do it until you are 25! Oh well I still have a year....but i dont think ill do much except for sport.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
ARRG! what can you put for "experience in making/designing things"?
this is for the rural engineering scholarship for UNSW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)