Comparison of Maths Ext 2 books (1 Viewer)

school4nerds

HSC
My tutor told me to buy fitzpatrick 4u textbook because the questions are harder and will be better for me? But from what ive read it doesnt seem like a good textbook anymore. SHould i buy it or not?

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
It's just an okay book but if you were going for harder questions, I would buy Cambridge instead

deswa1

HSC
It's just an okay book but if you were going for harder questions, I would buy Cambridge instead
This. I personally prefer Cambridge though I also use Terry Lee. If you can get both, i would as I think they work well together and provide a good mix of questions.

sodam

HSC
S.K Patel Foundation Mathematics is the best for Complex and Integration

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
cambridge for me, has a great range of questions - however I do agree with the lacking of 'hsc style' questions

seanieg89

HSC
There have also been a couple of errors in his HSC solutions in recent years.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Ok maybe I went off with some extreme hyperbole (pun intended). He makes the least amount of errors I have seen in a textbook. I have only done complex numbers, polynomials and conics and I have the 6th edition last reprinted 11 months ago, So I haven't finished the textbook yet.

Capt Rifle

HSC
Cambridge is probably my favourite. Terry lee isn't too bad either. Fitzpatrick isn't that great...

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
Fitzpatrick 3u and 2u, Cambridge 3u and terry lee 4 unit hands down/.

braintic

HSC
N/A
"Arnold and Arnold: Cambridge 4 Unit Mathematics - Pros: Good quality questions which range from easy to challenging, allowing for better development of your skills"

I find I have to challenge this assessment. The progression from easy to challenging happens too quickly in most exercises, and the average student does not get the opportunity to develop their skills properly before the questions become difficult.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone know where I can get worked solutions for the very very old Arnold and Arnold book . The reduction formulae are killers

braintic

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know where I can get worked solutions for the very very old Arnold and Arnold book . The reduction formulae are killers
I have borrowed a number of questions from Arnold to use in my worksheets, and I have worked solutions for many of those. If you give the question numbers, I might be able to send you some solutions.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I have borrowed a number of questions from Arnold to use in my worksheets, and I have worked solutions for many of those. If you give the question numbers, I might be able to send you some solutions.
Basically all of mechanicas and volumes, if you have those :)

HAX0R

HSC
There's a new Cambridge book, and is available to Sydney Grammar 4 unit students. It'll be released soon, and I'm asking my teacher (year 7) if I can purchase it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)