Common Rooms (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by Misturi
You are so lucky. l have been given the title "Common Room Designer" or something like that. I would love to paint our common room, but the walls are brick :(

Just make it comfy and inviting. Try not to make it tacky (we had a ban on posters and crap like that this year, we had one notice board that people could write on and pin stuff to if they wanted.

Its handy to have a tv for things like Melbourne Cup too!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I don't know how we would raise money for a tv...so far l have brought the lounge and two other guys have put together for the copmuter...does anyone know a way to raise a little bit of money?

tempco

HSC
Erm... the concept of a "Common Room" is non-existant in our school... We usually hang around underneath the staircase...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I don't know how we would raise money for a tv...so far l have brought the lounge and two other guys have put together for the copmuter...does anyone know a way to raise a little bit of money?
What you could do, depending on your year of course, is ask everybody for $10 or so a term, buy something that everyone wants and at the end of the year leave them to your school (or dump them if you hate the year below)

Yay, we get ours on Tuesday.

Last edited:

Acid

HSC
We sorta have a couple of small-ish common rooms... One has a pool table and table tennis table, and the other is full of computers and a table for those that want to do work. Still waiting on a library though...

Either way, a common room isn't all that necessary at my school, since there is only year 11 and 12 on our campus.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Either ask around (you'd be suprised to see who has spare tvs laying around at home) or have a cake day (get everyone to make some sort of cake things and sell them at morning break and tea--it doesn't require much organising at all and the school shouldn't have a prob with it)

Acid

HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
You don't have a library?
Yer, it's a relatively new school so they haven't had a chance to build it yet. We're getting one by next year as far as I know.

School is Reddam House btw..

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
You are so lucky. l have been given the title "Common Room Designer" or something like that. I would love to paint our common room, but the walls are brick :(
Just because their brick it doesnt mean you can't paint it, you just need to go with certain colours like whites or blues it should look better as well.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Nah bricks are a bitch to paint cos they're porous and need to be sealed & plastered first. Keep the walls brick I reckon.

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
our common room is ok i spose...a couple of vinnies lounges, a few study tables, semi-kitchen but we got told not to use the appliances cos people had cooked coakroaches and who knows what else in them, we will get a stereo hopefully...and thats about it...we move in on dec 1...yay!

a little lost

relationships pfft
the only place we could study during free periods was in the library. But that was often closed due to debates or exams or whatever and we were just lost souls wondering around trying to find a spare classroom. And being a overcrowded over enrolled public school we hardly ever found any and had to sit outside and deal with nature as well.
my school was designed for about 600 students and it now has about 1100 students. go figure

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Eek--yep, sounds like the public problem. It made me sooo angry the other day when I heard that the government was threatening to cut funding to certain public schools if results did not pick up THIS IS THE PROBLEM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!
Hehe there I go getting sidetracked....back to common rooms...

tempco

HSC
With brick walls, make sure you get carpet... my classroom is totally brick, and it echoes like CRAZY... failed a listening test because of that (excuse :p)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
Eek--yep, sounds like the public problem. It made me sooo angry the other day when I heard that the government was threatening to cut funding to certain public schools if results did not pick up THIS IS THE PROBLEM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!
Hehe there I go getting sidetracked....back to common rooms...

lol, yeah, two contradictory things isn't it. :eek:

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
We "had" a common room. Some faggots started playing soccer in there and started to smash the windows with the ball. They also rippred up the couches and ruined the toasters. We spent like $200 on a air conditioner that we never ended up using cos of that. They closed it down for us :( Those fags ruined it for everyone!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Dash
We "had" a common room. Some faggots started playing soccer in there and started to smash the windows with the ball. They also rippred up the couches and ruined the toasters. We spent like $200 on a air conditioner that we never ended up using cos of that. They closed it down for us :( Those fags ruined it for everyone!
lol, i can imagine if we had a proper common room, i mean even when teachers lend us their room, there are always idiots, who would just like to vandalise, i mean, they chuck any thing that they can find at the fans- including textbooks....and yeah, they use the white as a punching spot, and hence form a million and one dents- so a common room was way out of our reach. :D

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
lol, i can imagine if we had a proper common room, i mean even when teachers lend us their room, there are always idiots, who would just like to vandalise, i mean, they chuck any thing that they can find at the fans- including textbooks....and yeah, they use the white as a punching spot, and hence form a million and one dents- so a common room was way out of our reach. :D

Wow, they sound like animals....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)