Common Rooms (1 Viewer)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
In our school we have a common room, its the size of a normal classroom and in past years it has been treated like crap. I am in the new year 12 so my grade and l have the power to change what goes on in this room.

We have:

Chairs
Tables
2 Lounges
Computer

Does anyone else here have a common room at their school...and what things do you have in it...how did you raise the money to get them or did the school give it to you?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
we used to have one, but the seniors trashed it, so a few years back it was turned into a theory room for p.e. and related subjects.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
That sucks...it just takes something (or some people) to ruin it for everyone else.

I brought the lounge we have in ours for $40...its a 5 seater in perfect condition from the salvation army.

I also brought in paints form hime and we painted our lockers pretty and bright colours, not to mentions the posters to brighten up the walls.

One of the guys in my grade brought one of his old computers in and another guy brought in all his software and fixed it up so it has windows 98.

I was just curious on how people raised money and got the things they did for their common rooms.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Misturi
That sucks...it just takes something (or some people) to ruin it for everyone else.
yeah, well its been a classroom ever since ive been there, so its not like i felt like i was missing out on anything. it had an air-con though (only a few rooms do, the computer rooms, this one, and all the ones that face west coz of the sun in the arvo)
but it was the year above us that really screwed a lot of things for us, we missed out on heaps of excursions coz of them. then, on the few excursions we did go on, we proved ourselves trustworthy, so the year below us got to go on heaps, then they screwed it for the year below them. its a vicious cycle.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah we have one, its next door to the staff common room and the study centre. Its the same as the staff one so its pretty huge (I think when they built the school they were intended as seperate ones for primary and secondary staff but they all mix together so we get the other one).

Its got all the usual amenities--microwave, toaster, fridge, kettle, sinks etc etc (theres also an iron but no ironing board-go figure).

Breakfast is served in there from 7am-8:15am (just cereal and fruit and stuff for the people who get there early or have morning classes).

The tv is mounted to the wall but is only allowed to be on between 7am-8:30am in the mornings (always Sunrise on ch 7!) and 3pm-5:30pm in the afternoons (its not allowed on during class times when one should be studying!).

One wall has about 20 study tables (for people who are studying in the mornings before the study centre opens).

The other end near the tv and radio and stuff we have the padded chairs that the staff common room has (little ones that are pretty close the the ground). We don't have lounges cos they get yukky and squashed being used that often....

Theres one computer connected to the internet.

To keep things running smoothly and the way we like them, our English class groups are on a rotating roster for housekeeping, like making sure it is tidy and nothing is broken and cleaning up and stuff.

Last edited:

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
:jaw:

What school do you go to?!?!?!

I am hoping to get the net connected, and a tv and a cd player...the canteen is just across the corridor so we don't eed a microwave or anything like that/

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
you guys are seriously SO lucky. we had to sit outside with all the feral little kids that insisted on screaming.
oh well, at my school, apart from on mondays, or unless you had extension classes, seniors finished at lunchtime (1.06) and we got to go home, so we pretty much only had to put up with them at recess.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah well I spose its a pretty good school cos its pretty new, we get more enrolments than the local private so I spose thats how we can afford stuff.

korry

HSC
N/A
ours is like a separate building from the main school building....its got like fridge....microwave...a few lounges...some other stuff....who knows wat next? tv? haha...but doesn't get looked after very well by the previous years so its like a dump....you'd prob rather be in the library....

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by yenta
You people are lucky, our school has never had a common room, I so wanted one :(
Well, we wouldn't exactly call ours a common room, its a normal classroom that is only for us, its nothing special really. Its meant for study but with the computer in there and games like wolfenstien 3d and duke nukem its hard to study.

KarmaKitten

HSC
ours is kinda like a cottage, it has a microwave, tv, chairs, fridge, etc

its pretty run down but we get it tomorrow and we're gonna paint it etc.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
You are so lucky. l have been given the title "Common Room Designer" or something like that. I would love to paint our common room, but the walls are brick :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)