• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Commerce Core subjects (1 Viewer)

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
I did 3 commerce cores - ECON1101, ECON1023 and ACCT1501.
thats cause your other course is Law >.>

I think doing the 4 cores first is better timetable wise as they have more times available then.

elenaaaaa

HSC
I'm not really too fussed about my timetable,
I've chosen to do 3 cores and 1 flexible :)

ACCT1501 Accounting & Financial Mgt 1A
ECON1101 Microeconomics 1
MGMT1001 Managing Organisations&People
MARK1012 Marketing Fundamentals

Woohoo :)
Thanks again for all your help!

michaeljennings

HSC
Does UNSW open up more classes because marketing seems full in terms of good time sessions?
no they wont lol, unfortunately sometimes you wont get the best timeslot for a certain class and you jsut have to pick a crappy one. When making my timetable last semester the website kept crashing so in the end i was left with a crappy timetable where i have a fins1613 lecture at 6pm on a tuesday and i have to attend uni on a friday =(

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
yeap but I would recommend drafting one now so that the moment you accept, you can enrol straight into the classes instead of deciding which class to enrol in at like midnight.
this. The server can become very slow and it helps if you know exactly what you want beforehand.

danielau

HSC
Can anyone tell me all the first year commerce wam boosters and killers from the core/flex-core subjects?

Something like:
ACCT1501 - Booster
MGMT - Killer

I was told that MGMT1001 was an absolute killer. Anyone else got some input? I really need a D average and can't afford to take a WAM killer. I am planning to transfer in 2nd year.

EDIT: I heard FINS1613 is a really good WAM booster? I can take this in sem 2 right?

Last edited:

crazy_paki123

HSC
TRY to balance them. I have 2 core and 2 of my own choice... doing accounting and finance mangement in the 1st semester and Marketing and Economics in the second semester ( i think Eco and Finance management will be harder than Acccounting and Marketing)

michaeljennings

HSC
Can anyone tell me all the first year commerce wam boosters and killers from the core/flex-core subjects?

Something like:
ACCT1501 - Booster
MGMT - Killer

I was told that MGMT1001 was an absolute killer. Anyone else got some input? I really need a D average and can't afford to take a WAM killer. I am planning to transfer in 2nd year.

EDIT: I heard FINS1613 is a really good WAM booster? I can take this in sem 2 right?
If youre good at writing/bullshiting MGMT isnt all that bad. Its just a bs subject. I didnt study at all for it but still ended up with 77 because I got lucky in the final. Not sure if they still do it but 25% of your overall mark pretty much comes for free because they award tutorial marks etc jsut for showing up/handing in homework

And basically all first year commerce subjects are wam boosters but the good ones are ACCT1501 and 1511 and probably micro and macro (ECON1101 and 1102)

danielau

HSC
If youre good at writing/bullshiting MGMT isnt all that bad. Its just a bs subject. I didnt study at all for it but still ended up with 77 because I got lucky in the final. Not sure if they still do it but 25% of your overall mark pretty much comes for free because they award tutorial marks etc jsut for showing up/handing in homework

And basically all first year commerce subjects are wam boosters but the good ones are ACCT1501 and 1511 and probably micro and macro (ECON1101 and 1102)
What do you mean by BSing in MGMT? I've actually asked multiple people and they all told me that o_O What exactly do you BS in MGMT? I'm really aiming a 80+ for this course.

Hmm is ACCT1511 1B? I heard macro was pretty hard somewhere. So all of the first year comm cores are wam boosters? Is there any I should avoid?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)