Comment if you play a weird, strange or different sport (1 Viewer)

Aliy Moon

HSC
I will say it now it has nothing to do with pole vaulting or trick riding!

I do Equestrian Vaulting which isn't very popular. It involves doing gymnastics and performing a dance routine on the back of a moving horse. There are two components, Freestyle and compulsory. The compulsory component is a set amount of moves that you are marked on. As you move up in experience the moves become harder and a bit different.It is done to simple background music.

The freestyle component is to music of any choice but it has to be in sync with your movements and the horses movement. You can make up your own routine in a freestyle and it must consist of at least 7 moves but they are not allowed to come from the compulsory moves. It is also marked but on artistic, strength, flexibility and technique.

What are your sports?:oink:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I do technical yoga.

I sit in front of the laptop in one position for hours, not moving, not eating, not drinking.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
I do technical yoga.

I sit in front of the laptop in one position for hours, not moving, not eating, not drinking.
Must suck not doing anything on your laptop while sitting in front of it

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Well I take an underground called "tricking". It originated from martial arts but takes a number of moves from gymnastics, bboy and capoeira to thread together combos which consists of mainly kicks, flips and twists. Unlike bboys or capoeira, trickers don't based our combos on "rhythm", this sport is pure entertainment purposes and we "show off" a lot. This is really obvious because our first tricks every beginner learns are backflips, tornados and full twists, which are flashy as hell.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
I will say it now it has nothing to do with pole vaulting or trick riding!

I do Equestrian Vaulting which isn't very popular. It involves doing gymnastics and performing a dance routine on the back of a moving horse. There are two components, Freestyle and compulsory. The compulsory component is a set amount of moves that you are marked on. As you move up in experience the moves become harder and a bit different.It is done to simple background music.

The freestyle component is to music of any choice but it has to be in sync with your movements and the horses movement. You can make up your own routine in a freestyle and it must consist of at least 7 moves but they are not allowed to come from the compulsory moves. It is also marked but on artistic, strength, flexibility and technique.

What are your sports?:oink:
I thought you were taking the piss, but I just looked it up and it's a real thing. That's seriously so awesome!

I used to do bouldering (rock climbing on small walls without a harness) but stopped a few years ago. I play ultimate frisbee at the moment and if I can put on enough weight, I'll play gridiron next year. I don't know if you'd classify any of those as weird, strange or different, but yeah.

enoilgam

HSC
I thought you were taking the piss, but I just looked it up and it's a real thing. That's seriously so awesome!

I used to do bouldering (rock climbing on small walls without a harness) but stopped a few years ago. I play ultimate frisbee at the moment and if I can put on enough weight, I'll play gridiron next year. I don't know if you'd classify any of those as weird, strange or different, but yeah.
I'd love to do this, but then again, I'd want to play Running Back and I'd get killed at my weight (I'd need to gain at least 20kgs). I wouldnt mind coaching though.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
I'd love to do this, but then again, I'd want to play Running Back and I'd get killed at my weight (I'd need to gain at least 20kgs). I wouldnt mind coaching though.
Just out of curiosity, where in Australia can we play Gridiron? I'd love to join if I could play offensive linemen.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Just out of curiosity, where in Australia can we play Gridiron? I'd love to join if I could play offensive linemen.
There's teams in campbelltown and pennant hills. USYD and UTS have teams too.

ingeniarius

HSC
I'm a baton twirler and I do EP physical culture, but I'm not going to twirl next year because it's too big of a commitment during years 11/12 (it's far away from my house and even further away from my school)

HSC
I do Tricking, and also Mountaineering. It's like indoor rock climbing, except you climb mountains haha. If it's a snowcapped one, then skiing/snowboarding is also involved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)