Coles Myer Group Interviews (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Sweet_Lemon said:
hey.....ppl working at kmart, how many weeks after u worked then receive payment...i worked for 4 wkzz...not receive anything yet....coz they still havn't fix up stuffzzz.........faint~~ I need $$$ for Xmas shopping~~LOL
holy shit, i wouldn't be taking that! i didn't get paid for my first week yet. if i don't get paid tomorrow for two weeks of work, i'm definitely going to be asking them about it. not going off my head, but very firmly making it clear that i want my goddamn money :p i would do the same thing

i'm very annoyed - for some reason they were working under the impression that i was available all the time, ie ignoring my *actual* availabilities entirely, and put me on a shift for yesterday which started at 12.15pm... the main problem? i was in a modern exam til 12.30. i asked if i could start at 1 instead but they didn't let me. that sucks, i wanted the doolahs :(

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
wel...i will check the pay by this wed...if still not in my acc..then i will talk to my manager....
wel...she put me on for one evening..but i went to the store and told her tat i can't so she changed the time for me....which this meanzz i made myself clear tat i will only available in day time..LOL

Scanorama

HSC
glycerine said:
holy shit, i wouldn't be taking that! i didn't get paid for my first week yet. if i don't get paid tomorrow for two weeks of work, i'm definitely going to be asking them about it. not going off my head, but very firmly making it clear that i want my goddamn money :p i would do the same thing

i'm very annoyed - for some reason they were working under the impression that i was available all the time, ie ignoring my *actual* availabilities entirely, and put me on a shift for yesterday which started at 12.15pm... the main problem? i was in a modern exam til 12.30. i asked if i could start at 1 instead but they didn't let me. that sucks, i wanted the doolahs :(
I started 2 weeks ago and yet to receive my payment. Last night when I went to work they gave me my sign in/out pin number so hopefully i will get my first ever payment this wednesday.

By the way I am on the roaster as of yesterday and am employed as casual. If for some reasons, the day Im on the roaster and am not able to go to work for whatever reasons, what can I do to tell them im not able to work that day(s)? Thanks in advance :)

waterfowl

HSC
glycerine said:
Perhaps they handed out a Christmas availability sheet that you missed out on. Usually during sales time a lot of companys disregard normal hours and ask people to fill out a form for when they can work during sales.

waterfowl

HSC
Gough Whitlam said:
By the way I am on the roaster as of yesterday and am employed as casual. If for some reasons, the day Im on the roaster and am not able to go to work for whatever reasons, what can I do to tell them im not able to work that day(s)? Thanks in advance :)
If you can't work then you should let them know as early as possible, it depends where you work as to procedure for this. You should really let them know before your roster comes out.

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
You know that when you start work with colesmyer that you get a 'Timesheet' and get the Manager to sign for each shift you did and when Sunday rolls around you put it inside a box placed outside the admin office or give it to the admin office so this way they process your pay while they get you a PIN number.

Also i recommend that you write down what day and time you work untill so that if you feel you didn't get paid for a shift you go and ask them.

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
Mr Wiggle said:
You know that when you start work with colesmyer that you get a 'Timesheet' .
Did you get this?
Because our store does not do this.
A staff member can't start work until they are on the payroll, obviously, and as soon as you're processed on the payroll, your "buddy number" is "made"
That's if you have the new "Buddy Box" to clock on/off with at your store at which point you can use on your first shift.
Your 'buddy number' is
-your store's code (4 digits)
followed by
-your personal number (4 digits).

It is very, very strange that you guys have not been paid for up to 4 weeks of work.
Very strange.
Ask your department manager, if not (or if they're not 'nice') then ask your store manager. ;)

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Yes i got a Timesheet when i started which was back in January which every colesmyer store should have.

But the reason some people have not being paid is nobody tells them to get a timesheet when they are new to the store.
When i did the induction it was not online but involved going to another store and this person who did the induction kept repeating that you have to get a timesheet for each shift done to get paid ( Now that i think of it it's the best advice ever offered).

To get a timesheet you ask the Admin Office for one or your department manager and get them to sign it to get paid

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
Mr Wiggle said:
Yes i got a Timesheet when i started which was back in January which every colesmyer store should have.

But the reason some people have not being paid is nobody tells them to get a timesheet when they are new to the store.
When i did the induction it was not online but involved going to another store and this person who did the induction kept repeating that you have to get a timesheet for each shift done to get paid ( Now that i think of it it's the best advice ever offered).

To get a timesheet you ask the Admin Office for one or your department manager and get them to sign it to get paid
Whatever, but I didn't need one, I got my buddy number as soon as I started last year

theone123

blue essence
HSC
biggles04 said:
Whatever, but I didn't need one, I got my buddy number as soon as I started last year
i havent got a employee # yet, using the time sheet as wiggle said

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
oh forgot the add

i start uni. next year march 1st.

today the manager told me there were also several other applicants that got through, but their availiability suited more to a casual position and were suited to go through right up to feb 13th (i think they requested to go up to that date).

Well anyway, since im on my 3 month uni. holiday right now, i see myself asking to the manager in late feb. to tell him i want to change times, coz right now im on part time and i won't be able to go to uni if i continue part time work.

What are my options? and will the manager get annoyed at me e.t.c.?

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
You get a second day of instore training at officeworks? I only got 1/2 a day and they dropped me in the deep end in my second week by leaving me in charge of the entire stationery section...

Great store with great people though

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i don't think he will get annyoed, they normally need more people at christmas and less later and plenty of people work during holidays

how often do christmas casuals stay until after christmas and get a permanant job?

sweet lemon - if you dont have a timesheet that must be the prob, otherwise i would go and ask them tomorrow or thurs when they will start paying you.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Well, the interview organiser person emailed me back and said:

Mary Sultana said:
there is no need to re-apply if no changes are to be made. If you wish to
expand your store suburb selection you will need to withdraw your original
application and re apply.
Damn.. I still have to wait till the 15th though. But in the good news department, my mum knows a few Woolies managers around the Northern Beaches and she's gonna try and get me a job with them instead. I heard that Coles pays better than Woolies though? Eh? Hmm.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
JKDDragon said:
Well, the interview organiser person emailed me back and said:

Damn.. I still have to wait till the 15th though. But in the good news department, my mum knows a few Woolies managers around the Northern Beaches and she's gonna try and get me a job with them instead. I heard that Coles pays better than Woolies though? Eh? Hmm.
duh, Woolies is shit as, crap service and messy as... hehe get ur mum to get u jobs er?

Collin

HSC
N/A
theone123 said:
duh, Woolies is shit as, crap service and messy as... hehe get ur mum to get u jobs er?
Yeah.. she's got all these contacts around the Woolies corporate ladder.. and I heard she was offered a manager position at a store herself, but she refused cause she already has her own business (but just works there part time to help pay off all her investment properties and shit). I REALLY hope I can get this job.. again, Woolies or Coles, it doesn't matter much to me. I just need money mate. :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
you can check out the pays on the net. bit of maths required. see my thread "wages"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)